New Pre-Pharm

Started by pokerstar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pokerstar

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone, I'm looking into becoming a Pre-Pharm and I was wondering how you guys studied for the PCAT and for how long. Thank you.
 
Hi Everyone, I'm looking into becoming a Pre-Pharm and I was wondering how you guys studied for the PCAT and for how long. Thank you.

The best preparation for the PCAT would be to study your college textbooks/notes for bio, chem, and math; reading various scholarly journals and newspapers (nytimes). I studied for about 2-3 months; but this depends on how much one recalls from chem I/II, orgo I/II Bio I/II, Physiology/anatomy I/II, calc, microbiology, etc.
 
i tried to study the entire week before the PCAT.
You can buy a download form Harcourt, and take a practice PCAT, there are also practice PCAT CD-Roms for about $50.00, I think.

The best thing to do, is get the current PCAT review book, it has all the subject material in it, plus it uses the same images that the PCAT will use.


Study Long Term! if you have the free time study an entire month before the test, I was taking Organic I at the time and ended up having to retake it because of the PCAT
 
The first and only time I took the PCAT, i studied off and on for about 4 days before the test and made an 80. Not bad in my opinion. But for the MCAT, I'm studying around 20 hours a week for the next 3 months.