New QC problems on the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am doing a bunch of Bootcamp questions and these new QC problems seem like a hit/miss. I can get away with the algebra/geometry ones but I've never learned (or don't remember) finding vertex, radicand, concave up/down stuff.. I don't really understand the explanations either. Anyone see those in the real DAT? How does it compare to the real DAT QR?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, are the math problems at the end of the destroyer book the same difficulty as the math destroyer tests?

Thanks

Hey guys! I am doing a bunch of Bootcamp questions and these new QC problems seem like a hit/miss. I can get away with the algebra/geometry ones but I've never learned (or don't remember) finding vertex, radicand, concave up/down stuff.. I don't really understand the explanations either. Anyone see those in the real DAT? How does it compare to the real DAT QR?

I can't comment on BC but wanted to make sure you had our QC problems.

Nancy

Attachments

• Problems and Solutions QC 2017.pdf
    446.2 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to know the answer too.

Okay I just completed 100 questions from the back of the destroyer and it is very very easy compared to what I saw in the math destroyer. In my opinion it was easier than Bootcamp's math questions

Okay I just completed 100 questions from the back of the destroyer and it is very very easy compared to what I saw in the math destroyer. In my opinion it was easier than Bootcamp's math questions
If you are weak in math I highly suggest you complete ALL the Destroyer not just the first 10. It will prepare you for anything that will be presented on the DAT, as it has been said many times there are many different versions. The DAT and Math Destroyer were intended to be completed entirely if you want to have the best chance to achieve high scores. Many retakes have happened due to low QR scores. If you don't have time to complete all the problems in the Math Destroyer, at least go through the book and work on your weak areas, you will be glad on test day.

Nancy

Reactions: 1 users
If you are weak in math I highly suggest you complete ALL the Destroyer not just the first 10. It will prepare you for anything that will be presented on the DAT, as it has been said many times there are many different versions. The DAT and Math Destroyer were intended to be completed entirely if you want to have the best chance to achieve high scores. Many retakes have happened due to low QR scores. If you don't have time to complete all the problems in the Math Destroyer, at least go through the book and work on your weak areas, you will be glad on test day.

Nancy

So basically the back of the destroyer QR problems are not enough to do well and be exposed to all the possible topics... I do not have much time to go through the math destroyer, should I have done the math destroyer instead ?

Nancy
Can confirm. It is worth it to put in the work and do all questions. It helps with speed. As for the real DAT, it is fair game. Better safe than sorry.

Can confirm. It is worth it to put in the work and do all questions. It helps with speed. As for the real DAT, it is fair game. Better safe than sorry.
Thanks Pearl for the backup!

Wait I never said the destroyers are not necessary to do well, I just don't have the time so I wanted to know how the back of destroyer problems compare to the math destroyers. Also, I was wondering if you guys intentionally made it so that there is a difference in difficulty since using the "math destroyer" is very much emphasized over the 150 questions at the back.

Now I am under the impression that the problems from "the back" are left behind and not updated compared to the math destroyer. I would've assumed the newest 2017 version (I have used) would align well with the newest version of the math destroyer. Unfortunately this is not the case that I saw.

I finished all the problems at the back, I will go on to problems I cannot answer in the math destroyer.

I'm sure this is what @Faefly was wondering as well.