New rite aid pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDizzzy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a Canadian friend who just took a rite aid offer in Michigan, they are training him now and he's really tripping because the training doesn't seem good at all. When I got hired by Walgreens there were at least some computer modules to learn the system but he's just being dropped in the thick of it and his only experience is from his 6 week rotations during school where he was basically a tech in a grocery store pharmacy. If people have any tips and resources I can pass along to him I'd appreciate it because he called me yesterday and he sounds so stressed, they're about to let him on his own in a couple days sooo he needs all the help he can get.

Members don't see this ad.

he has a couple of days to go to the store and watch people do things. just tell the pharmacist he's new and needed to observe and learn. or he can use these last couple days to eat couple of egg rolls and couple of dumplings.

rite aid system is pretty easy, I hope he has being typing prescriptions the past few days and knows about the systems now... just tell him to start verifying for the last couple of days and then the rest will slowly come to him

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a rite aid pharmacist, only a year, but shoot me a pm. I will try to help him as much as possible.

I'm a rite aid pharmacist, only a year, but shoot me a pm. I will try to help him as much as possible.
Could you send me the same messages you gave to that guy. I'm a newly hired rite aid pharmacist in the same situation. Thanks.