New rules for school admission and 2011 score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dental nerd

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys
I ve heard if when someone with scored NBDE 1 AND 2 gonna apply to the dental schools in 2012 that his score with be regareded as pass score..
what I mean even if someone did the NBD test on 2011 new year and he has a score when will apply to the dental schools they will regard his score as pass and thats it...

is that true ?
 
hey guys, cud u please explain this.....how its gona go.....like i took part1 in dec2011 with 82 and yet to take part 2.....so wht does this infer?????
thanx
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Is it true that from now onward irrespective of how much we scored before 2011 is considered as pass score? I am just wondering if it is true what will be the criteria each Dental school going to set?
 
Of course its not true. If they have a score they will look at it. Use some common sense, people. (It doesn't take a science god to figure that out).
 
Of course its not true. If they have a score they will look at it. Use some common sense, people. (It doesn't take a science god to figure that out).


well if its not true,, or we cant use the science ,, I would suggest to show me any link or page showin what we are talkin about it not true ... am I true?
 
well if its not true,, or we cant use the science ,, I would suggest to show me any link or page showin what we are talkin about it not true ... am I true?

Not to get in the middle of anyone's discussion, but where is the link to prove that a numerical score won't be seen? If the ADA is sending out numerical scores, then the school will see it. So, if you're saying that's not true you should post that link before you ask someone else to post one.
 
Not to get in the middle of anyone's discussion, but where is the link to prove that a numerical score won't be seen? If the ADA is sending out numerical scores, then the school will see it. So, if you're saying that's not true you should post that link before you ask someone else to post one.[/QUOTEwe

well thats y I have asked the question,, my drea friend you havnt even read the entire thread,, I asked if this is true or not,,,
 
hey guys
I ve heard if when someone with scored NBDE 1 AND 2 gonna apply to the dental schools in 2012 that his score with be regareded as pass score..
what I mean even if someone did the NBD test on 2011 new year and he has a score when will apply to the dental schools they will regard his score as pass and thats it...

is that true ?

Quoting from Revisions to the Examination Regulations, JCNDE 2011 Actions:

"5. Scores for the National Board Dental Examinations Part I and Part II, and the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination, will be reported as pass/fail only effective January 1, 2012.
Scores for examinations taken prior to January 1, 2012 will be reported as numerical scores. Failing scores for examinations taken after January 1, 2012 will be reported as numerical scores.
"

I think it's simple and clear !!!!!!



.
 
Iam confused now!!! I took me exam in 2011 and I will apply next April,so the school will see my score,while the students who took their exam in 2012, will only have pass/fail to show it to the school!! That means the schools will recieve some applications with numerical scores and some applications with only pass/ fail creteria!!! I beleive this going to be confusing