New School- Union University!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmstud07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the link to a new pharmacy school... who is applying?

http://www.uu.edu/academics/sop/

Personally, I think they require too many upper-division courses, especially for the fact that they are just starting out...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since they are just starting out they haven't been accredited yet. So they wouldn't be on that list.

great... There are many new schools applying for next fall: Sullivan, Chicago State, Harding, Jefferson.

I am not eligible to apply since I don't have Biochemistry I & II. :(
I don't want to bother my recommenders with many references.

But this info make me think I should take Biochem I in spring. Seeem like it is the trend that Biochem might be a requirement for many school the future.....

I agree with Steveysmith54. There are not listed in the new School Applications: For Purposes of Consideration of Authorization of On-site Evaluations. Maybe they apply later so they doesn't appear on the link..

I have a BS in biological sciences and i don't qualify on the count that i don't have immuno.

Not as shady looking as california northstate, but I don't know if a private methodist school in the middle of tennessee is my bag of chips.

It's weird...this school seemed to have popped up out of nowhere for Fall '08, Regis Univ. in CO has seemed to be in planning for longer but they pushed their start date to Fall '09.

My random prediction: School will fail pre-accred. status but earn it in time for Fall 2009 instead. Deposits will be returned and accepted students who did not get into any other program for Fall '08 will be given automatic acceptance to Fall '09.

Union trustees and faculty in the spring gave formal approval for the launch of the School of Pharmacy. Each class in the four-year Doctor of Pharmacy degree program will consist of 45 students. The program will focus on pharmacy from a Christian perspective, with attention given to addressing the pharmacy profession's moral and ethical issues.

I think I'll start a nihilist-centered pharmacy school.

Biochem II??? I don't think my univ. even has an undergrad Biochem II.. We have 2 separate Biochem I courses though. :confused:

As far as the school is concerned, it is a well-established school (since 1823). It is respected as far as the caliber of people that graduate in nursing, Christian studies, and education. Their science department is excellent for a private, liberal arts college. However, the fees are going to be atrocious. Undergrads pay roughly $25000 a year. Imagine pharmacy fees.

And yes, in case you were wondering, I have a connection to the school. Class of 2002.