New schools opening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pericardium

CPR certified
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep reading on threads here and there that new DO schools are opening. Can someone list some new schools will be opening within the next few years?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applicant status doesn't necessarily mean a school will be opening in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
Last edited:
A lot of those schools have been on this list for years and will probably never come into existence.

Lets hope so. If i recall correctly, residency spots aren't increasing, so opening up all these schools may not be the best thing.

Lets hope so. If i recall correctly, residency spots aren't increasing, so opening up all these schools may not be the best thing.

Yes, as of now residency spots aren't increasing because about 15 years ago they were capped by Congress as a part of the budget.

There is always a list of MD and DO schools on the list waiting to get approved that often fall through.

Someone posted the list recently, but I can't remember which thread it was in.

They have the schools that are open and about to open on wikipedia. Just make sure to double check how true their sources are about the new schools. Most of the openings seem legit.