New Step 2 Study Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docfoofoo

docfoofoo
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:idea: Hi All!!
I am starting this new thread for all those who are starting Step 2 Preparations. I think by sharing information, study tips etc. we can help each other get through this!!
I want to welcome all who are going to join.
1st topic of discussion if I may, is what sources to use. Here's what has been recommended to me, but please feel free to share what you have learnt!!

For CK:
1. Kaplan notes
2. Blueprints Q and A
3. Boards and Wards
4. Crush the boards or Step 2 Secrets
5. Lange review for electives like derm, opthalmology, orthopedics and radiology
6. USMLE World and Kaplan Q book questions

for Cs
1. Bates or Cecil
2. Kaplan 5 day lecture
3. kaplan Cs book

Ok that's it for now. I look forward to getting to know all of you that are going to become a part of this group!!

Members don't see this ad.

Great thread! It seems like most people have already taken Step 2 at this point, so hopefully we can get some good feedback. I'll be taking CK on Feb 25th and CS on Mar 12.

I'm leaning towards using USMLE world over Qbank since its cheaper and seems to be equally good from what I hear. I don't see me reading much besides Crush the Boards and Advanced Life Support for Step 2.

Great idea!

I won't be taking Step 2 CK until late August, but I'd like to get an early start.

As far as resources go, I've heard that First Aid for Step 2 is good, although not as great as the one for Step 1.

Welcome to the forum Hercules!

Well I just passed Step 1 in december and will be starting my second core rotation in march 1st week. i plan to take the exam in July and August, so that I don't have to worry about it my fourth year. So this thread should be particularly useful to all those students who are planning to study while doing thier cores.

ciao

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning to make the 2007 match. does anyone know what month the match takes palce in?

I take step2 in the beginning of April. My books....

First Aid
Crush
Blueprints + QA Blueprints
Kaplan Q on CD
App Lang Q on CD
thinking to get QBank for last month

THANKS for info... just starting cores, but want to get started with step 2 prep.

As a person that just took step 2, I can tell you with definite assurance that usmleworld is an incredible investment-it is cheap, has over 2000 questions, and has the exact type of questions that you will see on your exam. Not to sound cocky, but the kaplan q-bank questions are too easy as a whole and really do not accurately reflect the typeof questions you will see. The usmleworld questions are hard but their questions and explanations are so great, I guarantee you you will not be dissapointed. I had seen almost 20-25% of my actual exam questions on usmleworld..it is the only question bank I used. Good luck.

hi all..
can someone tell what's the right time to give step-2CS this year...i've heard the results r being delayed..
do all the universities demand step2CS scores b4 applying :confused:

Is anyone doing the 30 visit center prep for kaplan? Does anyone know if it is helpful or a waste of time?

I'm not looking to just pass this test, I need to do well on it to get looked at by a specific program. :(

any thoughts?