New sub-forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bored_Conscious

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello pre-vet community. I frequent the pre-med forum on sdn but I am here because I am asking a question for someone.

On the pre-med forum we have school specific threads where students can ask questions about each particular school. Here, students who submit their primary early usually post the secondary questions for people to see.

Is there something like that here? Please let me know if I should clarify.

Members don't see this ad.

No, it’s a bit different on the veterinary side. Our “primary” application is through VMCAS and some schools have a “secondary” application, which we commonly refer to as a supplemental application. Most vet schools have their supplemental app within VMCAS so an applicant can see the questions before their “primary” app is submitted and work on them both simultaneously. There are a couple schools (at least when I applied) that had a separate supplemental app from VMCAS but in most cases it was accessible before the “primary” app was submitted. I think I recall one vet school that sent a link to the supplemental app once they had received the applicant’s “primary” app.

There are school-specific threads on the pre-vet side where applicants are able to ask questions though.

Hopefully that answers your question?

Reactions: 1 user
No, it’s a bit different on the veterinary side. Our “primary” application is through VMCAS and some schools have a “secondary” application, which we commonly refer to as a supplemental application. Most vet schools have their supplemental app within VMCAS so an applicant can see the questions before their “primary” app is submitted and work on them both simultaneously. There are a couple schools (at least when I applied) that had a separate supplemental app from VMCAS but in most cases it was accessible before the “primary” app was submitted. I think I recall one vet school that sent a link to the supplemental app once they had received the applicant’s “primary” app.

There are school-specific threads on the pre-vet side where applicants are able to ask questions though.

Hopefully that answers your question?
I did not know that. That is helpful. Thank you!

Secondly, does submission time matter? For pre-meds submitting early is very important. I haven't been able find information like that here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not know that. That is helpful. Thank you!

Secondly, does submission time matter? For pre-meds submitting early is very important. I haven't been able find information like that here.
Nope, doesn’t matter! Though VMCAS (the application service) recommends submitting early so there’s time to fix transcript errors if any are found.

Nope, doesn’t matter! Though VMCAS (the application service) recommends submitting early so there’s time to fix transcript errors if any are found.
Awesome. That clarifies my questions. Thanks for your help!

And since submission time doesn’t matter here for the most part (lol as long as it’s on time), you don’t really have to worry about being ready to submit any supplemental apps immediately that you get after submitting your VMCAS/the VMCAS deadline

And since submission time doesn’t matter here for the most part (lol as long as it’s on time), you don’t really have to worry about being ready to submit any supplemental apps immediately that you get after submitting your VMCAS/the VMCAS deadline
Good to know!