new to aadsas. help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

issa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i heard that aadsas application asks for comunity college gpa and university gpa. what about a community college courses that are not transfferable or with pass or fail and graded with Satisfactury or U. i tested out college algebra. i recieved 4 credits and S grade, so do i have to add it in aadsas? this course can't transfer to my univesity.

Members don't see this ad.

The politics of the registrar's office doesn't factor into AADSAS at all. You have to enter in each transcript from each school: you will have to enter the transcript from you community college and then the transcript from your university - you cannot enter just the transcript from your university. So you'll enter in your p/f/s/us cc courses as just that.

Sprgrover said:
The politics of the registrar's office doesn't factor into AADSAS at all. You have to enter in each transcript from each school: you will have to enter the transcript from you community college and then the transcript from your university - you cannot enter just the transcript from your university. So you'll enter in your p/f/s/us cc courses as just that.

But, as far as I know, in the university’s transcript is included everything from the community college, (something like a transcript in transcript). Isn’t that enough for them to see? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Gasedo said:
But, as far as I know, in the university’s transcript is included everything from the community college, (something like a transcript in transcript). Isn’t that enough for them to see? :confused:

No, it's not enough. It has to be official transcripts from each school you've attended.

send all the transcripts, ALL. let AADSAS deal with converting the U's, S's, and all that stuff. And like someone already said, even if the classes show up in your current school's transcript, schools still need the original transcript from the comm. college. good luck.

what about the credits? will they count every credit i took and not transferred to the university?

issa said:
what about the credits? will they count every credit i took and not transferred to the university?

they will look at every class that you have EVER taken at a college or university, even if you took that college course in highschool, and even if it was only for credit.

i know they will look at it, but will my total credits increase? if i had 60 credits will it become 64 credits including college algebra course that i tested out of?

issa said:
i know they will look at it, but will my total credits increase? if i had 60 credits will it become 64 credits including college algebra course that i tested out of?

You will receive credit if it a college gave you credit for it. It doesn't matter if it is a community college or a regular college. If you tested out of algebra and didn't receive course credit for the test, it won't count.

For example, my school gave me credits for certain AP scores, but gave only placement into a higher level course for other AP scores. Only the credited AP scores were counted in my AADSAS.

issa said:

What they will do is lump EVERY college class you've EVER taken in your ENTIRE LIFE into one BIG group, and then they'll find the GPA for that list and total credits ect. It doesn't matter if your class was for a letter grade, credit only, or pass/fail. They still want you to provide ALL your transcripts. :)

Anybody knows something about this? I got my first BS in Europe, and then I got another one in USA, (first 2 years @ CC and last 2 @ University). Do I need to send those from Europe too? I have very good grades in both, so for me it wouldn’t make any difference, but I am not sure what schools would say? There are ~ 300 credit hrs. and I think it would be a pain for them to evaluate everything!!??!! Probably the best thing to do is to call them in advance and ask them, but I wanted to check with you guys first, to see if anyone has the same situation and maybe could give me an advice.
Thanks
:luck: :love: :luck:

What part of EVERY college class EVER taken in your ENTIRE life do people not understand? :D
I think for the credits from another country, they may want you to first have them evaluated by a transcript evaluation thingie--I dunno what its called but i know they do transcript evaluations and kinda equate your degrees/classes to whatever they translate to in the US system. You might want to call the schools or AADSAS (goodluck with that one :) ) and ask them what they want. In the end ALL the classes go into your AADSAS, let them worry about conveting and calculating 300 credit hours. Goodluck!

Gasedo said:
Anybody knows something about this? I got my first BS in Europe, and then I got another one in USA, (first 2 years @ CC and last 2 @ University). Do I need to send those from Europe too? I have very good grades in both, so for me it wouldn’t make any difference, but I am not sure what schools would say? There are ~ 300 credit hrs. and I think it would be a pain for them to evaluate everything!!??!! Probably the best thing to do is to call them in advance and ask them, but I wanted to check with you guys first, to see if anyone has the same situation and maybe could give me an advice.
Thanks
:luck: :love: :luck:

You should try asking your question in the international dental section. :)

duh? said:
What part of EVERY college class EVER taken in your ENTIRE life do people not understand? :D
I think for the credits from another country, they may want you to first have them evaluated by a transcript evaluation thingie--I dunno what its called but i know they do transcript evaluations and kinda equate your degrees/classes to whatever they translate to in the US system. You might want to call the schools or AADSAS (goodluck with that one :) ) and ask them what they want. In the end ALL the classes go into your AADSAS, let them worry about conveting and calculating 300 credit hours. Goodluck!

Of course I had my international transcript sent and evaluated by ECE in USA. Otherwise I couldn't send them to any dental school, b/c in States the grades are represented in letters, but in Europe they are in numbers A=10, B=9, and so on. I just wanted to see if anybody else in this forum was in my situation, and how they went in the process.

tinman831 said:
You should try asking your question in the international dental section. :)
In the “international dental section” are students that have already graduated from an international dental school, and their process is totally different than mine. They need to complete 2 years of dental school in States in order to get their degree. I have done only one of my undergrad overseas.