New to Pre-Pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrePharmac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, thank you for opening this thread.

I am new to pre-pharm and have no idea what to do. I am currently serving up to my last year of being an undergrad and have already begun preparing for my PCATs. I would like to do a bit of pharmacy technician work (before becoming a pharmacist) and also would like to know further about steps on becoming a pharmacist? Also, do I need to volunteer in a hospital pharmacy before beginning any of this? Is there anyone who can help guide me through these steps?

Most appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Pharm tech work, clinical experience, shadowing experience will help you understand pharmacy career better, and you should start looking for these experiences if you havent. To apply to pharmacy schools, you need to visit pharmcas.org first (most pharmacy schools require pharmcas). It will provide you detail information you need to know about the application process. You should also check out the school of your interest, and make sure you completed the prerequisite.

Try using the search function on sdn, there are tons of information and ppl's experiences in the application process.

Good Luck =]