New to PTCB, where to start in my book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dajinn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was given the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review 2nd Edition by Delmar Learning's, and am really interested in becoming a Pharmacy Tech. Although, I do not know where it is best to begin in the book to fully prepare myself for the exam? I am just going to assume go from beginning to end, but what is the most important?

This is a pretty thick book, as would be any PTCB book I'd think; does the test really cover THIS much information, because many people say it consists of many math problems.

How long would it take to self teach everything I need to know to be ready for it? I work roughly 18 hours a week part time, and go to school and get off in the mornings at 10:50am MWF and 12:20 T and TH, so I have plenty of time to study.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I cannot comment on a book I've never seen, so I'm no help there. When I took the PTCB, I didn't study anything, but then again, I had 4+ years of experience in pharmacy already.

I would just do what you feel best, which seems to be to start at the beginning. Good luck.