New to SDN- School ideas?:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s1refrosty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
. . ..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You may want to add a few more private schools like Creighton, and Case. Also try to be flexible with your selection of schools. Pick a few outside of your preferred region just in case things don't work out(I doubt this will be the situation given your stats but you never know). Don't do this if going to another region is going to give you convulsions though.

Members don't see this ad :)
(clearly I want to stay in the midwest :p)
*Do you guys suggest applying to more schools..?

Also... based on other previous posts I've read, people have stated they believe they were not considered because of a poor interview. How possible is it to have a poor interview? I was under the impression the interviews were just to verify you were someone more than test scores and grades, and that dentistry is indeed a career you want to pursue. Maybe I have misunderstood?

You'd be surprised at how many people can stick their nose in a book and can produce good numbers but then can't converse like a normal person/ are out of touch/ whose only drive is to meet their parents expectations of becoming a dentist. It ranges from school to school but I've seen a lot of schools accept about 1/4 of those they interview.

Are the Kentucky schools too far out of the midwest?

You'd be surprised at how many people can stick their nose in a book and can produce good numbers but then can't converse like a normal person/ are out of touch/ whose only drive is to meet their parents expectations of becoming a dentist. It ranges from school to school but I've seen a lot of schools accept about 1/4 of those they interview.

Are the Kentucky schools too far out of the midwest?

I was just gonna say that. Apply to Louisville! :thumbup:

does anyone have any feedback about SIU/UIC?

I dont see much discussion about either school on this forum...