new to the application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diva15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok i thought i had most of this down...but now i'm confused once again. How do i apply to schools? when i went to the sco website...they had a application for their own school. so i'm assuming theres no one application which goes out to all schools u apply? you have to individually apply to the schools u want to? help me!

also...do all schools have online apps?

Members don't see this ad.

You have to apply to each school individually (there isn't a common application), and most schools you can apply online (for some schools it is cheaper to apply online).

What schools are you interested in?

diva15 said:
ok i thought i had most of this down...but now i'm confused once again. How do i apply to schools? when i went to the sco website...they had a application for their own school. so i'm assuming theres no one application which goes out to all schools u apply? you have to individually apply to the schools u want to? help me!

also...do all schools have online apps?

We wish it were that easy!
Each school has a different process and different requirements. Yes it can be tedious applying to all schools, but its the only way.

Members don't see this ad :)
S_SEEN2020 said:
You have to apply to each school individually (there isn't a common application), and most schools you can apply online (for some schools it is cheaper to apply online).

What schools are you interested in?

scco, pco, suny, nova, new england

which will be a pain because you'll have 5 different letter of rec forms, 5 different personal statement prompts. the good news is that you can write 1 generic personal statement and do a lot of cutting and pasting. just remember to double check everything! scco admisions told me how they received a prompt back from an applicant that started "i really like suny because of the diversity of new york..." she said how funny they thought it was:)

iiiimonica said:
which will be a pain because you'll have 5 different letter of rec forms, 5 different personal statement prompts. the good news is that you can write 1 generic personal statement and do a lot of cutting and pasting. just remember to double check everything! scco admisions told me how they received a prompt back from an applicant that started "i really like suny because of the diversity of new york..." she said how funny they thought it was:)

but don't they all want comittee letters? or do all have seperate forms for recommendations?

diva15 said:
but don't they all want comittee letters? or do all have seperate forms for recommendations?

plus some schools want your letter of rec person to fill out a form and sumit a letter - you have to see what every school wants