new to the forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinOD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone! i'm new to this network and just wanted to meet my future ODs! :p what undergrad university is everyone from? what major? I'm a UCLA Molecular Cell and Developmental Bio major. NIce to meet you all! :)

Members don't see this ad.

welcome to SDN bruin !!

I'm actually a practicing OD... but I was a biochem major at the University of Texas and went to UHCO for optometry school.

(I'm also the Optometry Forum moderator.. so let me know if you have questions)

thanks, I'll be sure to contact you if I have any question! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
welcome to the forum! we look forward to your contribution to this wonderful community. i am currently in my third year of undergraduate studies at the university of alberta in canada and will be attending NECO in boston in the fall. cheers! :)

bruinOD said:
hey everyone! i'm new to this network and just wanted to meet my future ODs! :p what undergrad university is everyone from? what major? I'm a UCLA Molecular Cell and Developmental Bio major. NIce to meet you all! :)

bruinOD said:

Welcome bruinOD! I too am a Bruin. Graduated 2004, Psychobiology. Currently attending UCBSO and loving it!

I don't know how well along you are in MCDB, but I would highly recommend the psychobio major for pre-opts. There's a REALLY good elective class we had, Psych 121 -- the Visual System -- as well as some required classes (I forgot the course number, but one was with Grisham) that helped me out A LOT in neuroanatomy. Try to take those two classes at least, if you can. I feel like I'm just cruising in some of my classes because of all the background I've already had.

al-majhul said:
Welcome bruinOD! I too am a Bruin. Graduated 2004, Psychobiology. Currently attending UCBSO and loving it!

I don't know how well along you are in MCDB, but I would highly recommend the psychobio major for pre-opts. There's a REALLY good elective class we had, Psych 121 -- the Visual System -- as well as some required classes (I forgot the course number, but one was with Grisham) that helped me out A LOT in neuroanatomy. Try to take those two classes at least, if you can. I feel like I'm just cruising in some of my classes because of all the background I've already had.

haa that was psych 116~! Behavioral Neuroscience Laboratory
and im also a psychobio Bruin, class of 2005 :)