New to the Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AuDMunchkin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
Just wanted to introduce myself, I have been following the forum for about a month or so. Everyone has such great topics and things to read, I thought I would join. I'm a post-bachelor student at Wayne State, hoping to get into either Wayne State, Western MI, or Illinois State for Audiology in the Fall. All your topics make me really excited for grad school this year. I have not seen a lot of threads from people who went to grad school in the MI area. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or insight from any of those schools. I'm getting quite excited for March to be here to find out! (I'm actually a Canadian student, communting to Wayne daily)
PS, reason for the AuDMunchkin (my Dad called me Munchkin since I was a kid haha)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey AuDMunchkin! Cute username! :p Welcome to the forum! One of my undergraduate audiology professors and supervisors down in Los Angeles graduated together from Wayne U with a masters in audiology, but that was back in the 80s. They said the program was good, of course they would say that, but I'm sure it's completely different today than it was before.

I think you should contact their SAA chapter (Student Audiology Association) or NSSLHA chapter to talk to some of the AuD students.

I hope that helps! Don't hesitate to ask more questions! I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!

I'm applying to wayne & western too!

Maybe we'll meet next year if all goes well? (I am hoping for wayne)

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to the forum!

My father also called me munchkin. Eventually I graduated to 'tiger'. Thank goodness my peers never caught wind of these nicknames.

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

My father also called me munchkin. Eventually I graduated to 'tiger'. Thank goodness my peers never caught wind of these nicknames.

you are more of a man than i am for revealing this... munchkin :lol::lol::lol:

SufjanS - are you doing the post bach program at wayne???
I am also hoping for wayne !!! closer to home

Last edited:
Hey AuDMunchkin!

I couldn't help but notice that your profile says you're from Windsor, ON! I grew up in the Windsor riverside area and then my family moved to Florida when I was about 12. I still keep in contact with most of my friends up there. Best of luck to you!

B

I live in riverside!!!!! Small world.... you got the best living arrangment though.... we are bracing ourselves for the snowstorm of the century today!

I applied at WMU as well!!! Are you coming at the open house event? I am an undergrad at WMU and know quite a bit about the program. Let me know if you have questions.