New to the forums!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsleffelks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm new to The Student Doctor Network and I am a pre-vet student. My name is Desiree, and I'm 22 years old.(I know, starting a little late in the game.) I am currently enrolled in a veterinary technician associates program at an online college that is accredited by the AVMA. I have plans to enroll into my local university's pre-vet program once I finish this associates. I put off this for as long as I did because I had a lot of doubt I could even make it to vet school and was majoring in Criminal Justice, but I've decided that it's the road I want to go for. Being a vet and working with animals has been a lifetime dream of mine and hope I can find all the support and advice I need to make it through.

I live in Kansas but I was born and raised in New Hampshire, I am also happily married to the love of my life, and he works as a Paramedic for a large EMS service here in our county. He tried to push me towards EMS or at least human medicine, but I would just prefer the veterinary route!

I hope to meet a lot of cool people on here and learn as much as I can!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Dsl,

Welcome! Just so you know, there is an "Introduce Yourself..." thread for posts like this one :) That is where you can learn about everyone who has decided to come out of the shadows of lurking and become active on the site. You will love this forum- everyone is nice and supportive and knowledgeable.

Also, I am a fellow former New Hampshire resident! I loved living there (granted, I only live a mile away from the border now, haha). Whereabouts did you live?

Hi Dsl,

Welcome! Just so you know, there is an "Introduce Yourself..." thread for posts like this one :) That is where you can learn about everyone who has decided to come out of the shadows of lurking and become active on the site. You will love this forum- everyone is nice and supportive and knowledgeable.

Also, I am a fellow former New Hampshire resident! I loved living there (granted, I only live a mile away from the border now, haha). Whereabouts did you live?

Thank you! Oh, I should have looked around more before posting here then, sorry about that! I now live in Wichita, Kansas, so a bit farther than you, haha. I miss NH, KS is pretty boring environment wise.