New to the forums!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dsleffelks

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I'm new to The Student Doctor Network and I am a pre-vet student. My name is Desiree, and I'm 22 years old.(I know, starting a little late in the game.) I am currently enrolled in a veterinary technician associates program at an online college that is accredited by the AVMA. I have plans to enroll into my local university's pre-vet program once I finish this associates. I put off this for as long as I did because I had a lot of doubt I could even make it to vet school and was majoring in Criminal Justice, but I've decided that it's the road I want to go for. Being a vet and working with animals has been a lifetime dream of mine and hope I can find all the support and advice I need to make it through.

I live in Kansas but I was born and raised in New Hampshire, I am also happily married to the love of my life, and he works as a Paramedic for a large EMS service here in our county. He tried to push me towards EMS or at least human medicine, but I would just prefer the veterinary route!

I hope to meet a lot of cool people on here and learn as much as I can!
 
Hi Dsl,

Welcome! Just so you know, there is an "Introduce Yourself..." thread for posts like this one 🙂 That is where you can learn about everyone who has decided to come out of the shadows of lurking and become active on the site. You will love this forum- everyone is nice and supportive and knowledgeable.

Also, I am a fellow former New Hampshire resident! I loved living there (granted, I only live a mile away from the border now, haha). Whereabouts did you live?
 
Hi Dsl,

Welcome! Just so you know, there is an "Introduce Yourself..." thread for posts like this one 🙂 That is where you can learn about everyone who has decided to come out of the shadows of lurking and become active on the site. You will love this forum- everyone is nice and supportive and knowledgeable.

Also, I am a fellow former New Hampshire resident! I loved living there (granted, I only live a mile away from the border now, haha). Whereabouts did you live?

Thank you! Oh, I should have looked around more before posting here then, sorry about that! I now live in Wichita, Kansas, so a bit farther than you, haha. I miss NH, KS is pretty boring environment wise.