New TV for move in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adizzle87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all you guys already in DS, particularly D1s, do you guys have time to watch TV?

Members don't see this ad.

For all you guys already in DS, particularly D1s, do you guys have time to watch TV?
You can do whatever you want with your spare time, if watching TV is what you want to do with the time, by all means you will be able to.

I watched a lot of football first semester. All depends how your transition is.

College Football is the best use of free time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I ALWAYS wanted a nice TV, and to reward myself for getting into dental school, so I used some of the money I saved up from working and I got a nice deal on an awesome 42" 1080P LCD when I moved into my apartment at Pitt. Though I don't use it all the time, it sure is nice when I do - plus the PS3 looks amazing on it, haha.

Sometimes TV provides that often needed 20-30 min vegetating break. As far as getting a TV I would just buy one local once you get into town. I ended up getting a 56" beast for dirt cheap from someone moving out of my apartment building as I was moving in.

Dental school is busy and chaotic but there is plenty of time to relax and have a life if you are on top of things. Barring a major exam I really look forward to 24, Lost, etc.

Oh oh oh! Get some surround sound too. It makes a huge difference. You can get a reasonable set at Wal Mart haha