New version of Mayo textbook?

Started by axisdog
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

axisdog

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. I'm debating whether to buy the current Mayo clinic concise cardiology textbook. It's the 2006 edition, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if a newer version will be published soon.

Thanks.
 
I don't know. I have it and I find it helpful, but it's more of a board review book than a textbook per se. For a textbook, I recommend Braunwald's, personally; it's fantastic. The Mayo one I found helpful for the cath lab - there's a chapter that tells the best views to shoot each coronary, etc. You could check to see how often previous editions have been published (i.e. is it every 3 years, every 10?).