New Western Dean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twosoakers

Addict & Western U '11
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got this today by email:

The Search Committee for the position of Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine, invites you to attend a new hour presentation by each of the two candidates who have applied for the position. Each candidate has been asked to provide a presentation of his vision for the future of veterinary medicine education at Western University and allow time for questions and answers from the audience.

Why is Shirley Johnston leaving?

Alice

Members don't see this ad.

Dean Johnston isn't leaving the university, she actually got a promotion. She accepted the position of Vice President for University Advancement. She will still be on top of what's going on at the CVM, of course, but she is super excited about this new position, because she is so pro-Western.

Don't worry, both candidates for dean (Dr. Nelson and Dr. Phillips) are absolutely incredible people, either one would do a fabulous job. We are lucky to have both of them.

See you in the fall!

Good. She's part of the reason I chose to attend Western, and I was about to be worried if she was leaving. :)

Good. She's part of the reason I chose to attend Western, and I was about to be worried if she was leaving. :)

Dr Phillips Rocks!!!!!!!!!!! No bias here (he is my mentor:D )