NEW WHATSAPP GROUP FOR INTERNATIONAL DENTIST AND ASPIRING INTERNATIONAL DENTIST

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Add me too please, if it’s still working : +1-248-805-4982

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum. Can a foreign trained OMFS surgeon get limited license / institutional license / full license to practice in USA without repeating major part of residency / DDS.
I might get an opportunity to do one / two year of PGY5 & PGY6 residency in OMFS at a university in USA. I am trained in India and in practice since 10 years. I am aware that I can write the ABOMS board exams. However, I am not sure if I can get a license to practice maxillofacial surgery in the USA after getting board certified. My major area of practice in India is Cleft surgeries in addition to trauma & pathologies. Also I have recently ventured into TMJ arthroscopies.
Thank you in anticipation

Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum. Can a foreign trained OMFS surgeon get limited license / institutional license / full license to practice in USA without repeating major part of residency / DDS.
I might get an opportunity to do one / two year of PGY5 & PGY6 residency in OMFS at a university in USA. I am trained in India and in practice since 10 years. I am aware that I can write the ABOMS board exams. However, I am not sure if I can get a license to practice maxillofacial surgery in the USA after getting board certified. My major area of practice in India is Cleft surgeries in addition to trauma & pathologies. Also I have recently ventured into TMJ arthroscopies.
Thank you in anticipation

You can’t. Have to pass Nbde 1&2, give licensing exams and then you can own specialty practice in certain states only.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
You can’t. Have to pass Nbde 1&2, give licensing exams and then you can own specialty practice in certain states only.

Many thanks Kavang. Can you please guide me with the states that allow direct licensing after part 1 & 2 NDBE without having to do the advanced standing DDS. Thanks in advance

Hi,

Can you please add me to the group? My number is 6038540954

Many thanks Kavang. Can you please guide me with the states that allow direct licensing after part 1 & 2 NDBE without having to do the advanced standing DDS. Thanks in advance

Hey,

You still have to get accepted into a residency program, omfs as per your background. Then give clinical exams if you want to general dentistry. Then you practice in some states. I know Virginia for sure. You can google others.

Hey,

You still have to get accepted into a residency program, omfs as per your background. Then give clinical exams if you want to general dentistry. Then you practice in some states. I know Virginia for sure. You can google others.

Thanks a lot

Hi guys, due to popular demand, i have created a new whatsapp group for international dentists and aspiring international dentist.

Click on the group link below
Regards
Hi, trying to join this WhatsApp group can u pls help me Thankx .

Hey the group seems to be full. Any chance we can create another one?
Hi guys, due to popular demand, i have created a new whatsapp group for international dentists and aspiring international dentist.

Click on the group link below
Regards

Sent from my Pixel 3a using SDN mobile

hi can someone please add me too +989386096208

Hi , Please add me to this group
+1 5144046182