New WHO Heme

Started by NKcell
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NKcell

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The new WHO heme is now available for order. The WHO site says the expected delivery date is Sept 20.

http://www.who.int/bookorders/anglais/detart1.jsp?sesslan=1&codlan=1&codcol=70&codcch=4002

Despite costing $122, I think it will be a book well worth the money. The new edition will have many new changes, and is quite a big upgrade from the old one, based on looking at some of the proposed changes listed on the Society for Hemepath webpage.

http://socforheme.org/new.htm
 
I have pre-ordered, but the service form the Albany, NY distributor is so shoddy, who knows if I'll ever get the book!
 
I ordered it through Amazon. They had a estimated date of this week, but today bumped it back to "not sure." Luckily they don't charge you until it actually ships.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any discounts on this book? I just noticed that residents / fellows can get 25% off the AFIP books.


----- Antony
 
They used to offer discounts for USCAP members, but I think the last time I ordered they had killed that program.

It might not hurt to ask though.
 
on a similar topic, is there any information out there about when new editions to some of the other WHO books will be produced? i'd like to get some of the other systems, but a bunch are from 2003-2005, making me think an update will be coming soon. if anyone knows if a proposed update schedule is out there, can you please let us know?
 
on a similar topic, is there any information out there about when new editions to some of the other WHO books will be produced? i'd like to get some of the other systems, but a bunch are from 2003-2005, making me think an update will be coming soon. if anyone knows if a proposed update schedule is out there, can you please let us know?

A fair number of them are available for free in pdf format organized by chapter, but not the Neuro, Heme, or Breast ones.


http://www.iarc.fr/en/Publications/PDFs-online/Cancer-Pathology-and-Genetics
 
Anyone who ordered this book from WHO website has received the book?


My attending received his book from the WHO a few days ago. However, he is one of the authors. I looked at it for a few minutes. Many new entities compared with the older edition, especially regarding different large cell lymphomas. My guess is that other people should start getting theirs soon as well.
 
Anybody get it yet? I am thinking about getting the Neuro book also and Amazon does not have that one. Maybe I will switch my order to them directly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a fellow that ordered it through the who site received it on friday...my order from amazon still hasnt shipped.
 
WHO's publications distribution in Albany - told me last Thursday thay were shipping mine...but who knows.
 
I ordered my copy a while ago and just received it in the mail last week.