New with questions

Started by bbrrookie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bbrrookie

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum, but am ready to dig in and read through everything. The questions that I have are the following. I, basically, backed myself into a corner throughout my college years (slacking, procrastinating, passing courses with C's etc). So, essentially, my GPA suffered tremendously. To put it lightly, school got to me. I was in one major for about 35 credits until I changed to another (the one which I am currently in: Sports and Fitness Studies). I just became tired of it. My GPA is now a 2.77 and I have currently 105 credits obtained Now, I have turned over a new leaf and what to really hit the books hard and raise my GPA, but am wondering if its too little too late? I want to graduate with at least a 3.0 which is possible if a take a few more courses, according to my calculations, and, also, obtain a minor in Psychology. If I take courses to boost my GPA that are not part of Physical Therapy or sciences, will it affect me negatively when it comes to how I look on paper? I don't mean courses like Scuba Diving or Origami 101. I am talking more like courses in business, or finances and things like that. I am also trying to obtain as many hours as I can in the clinical aspect. In regards to the GRE, I feel like it can be a lifesaver for me if I get the scores that I know I am capable of. How good (or bad, of course) do you think my chances are of getting in? I have al my requirements needed to graduate, but I want to fix all these issues before I apply.

Thanks
 
In regards to taking other classes to boost your GPA, one of my friends did this in a pretty smart way. He decided to get a minor in business management. He said the classes were relatively easy and he can talk about his minor in interviews from a standpoint of wanting to open and operate his own clinic one day. I thought that was a pretty smart plan and Im sure it will look impressive to the interviewers.
 
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum, but am ready to dig in and read through everything. The questions that I have are the following. I, basically, backed myself into a corner throughout my college years (slacking, procrastinating, passing courses with C's etc). So, essentially, my GPA suffered tremendously. To put it lightly, school got to me. I was in one major for about 35 credits until I changed to another (the one which I am currently in: Sports and Fitness Studies). I just became tired of it. My GPA is now a 2.77 and I have currently 105 credits obtained Now, I have turned over a new leaf and what to really hit the books hard and raise my GPA, but am wondering if its too little too late? I want to graduate with at least a 3.0 which is possible if a take a few more courses, according to my calculations, and, also, obtain a minor in Psychology. If I take courses to boost my GPA that are not part of Physical Therapy or sciences, will it affect me negatively when it comes to how I look on paper? I don't mean courses like Scuba Diving or Origami 101. I am talking more like courses in business, or finances and things like that. I am also trying to obtain as many hours as I can in the clinical aspect. In regards to the GRE, I feel like it can be a lifesaver for me if I get the scores that I know I am capable of. How good (or bad, of course) do you think my chances are of getting in? I have al my requirements needed to graduate, but I want to fix all these issues before I apply.

Thanks

Heck no! let me tell you my story. I came out of college with a 2.47 with 140 units. I busted my ass for two and a half years taking all the prereqs, repeated courses, and extra classes. I now have a 3.1 in my overall and 3.8 in my prereqs. Do w/e you can to raise your GPA. You are in good shape and do not get discouraged. If you really want to be a PT, show them by working hard and doing w/e it takes to be one. FIGHTING!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like we've said in other threads, get that pre-req GPA up to 2.8 to be considered at all, and do as well as you can in your pre-reqs An overall GPA of 2.8 and a pre-req GPA of 3.8 would be competitive Most schools won't accept anything less than 3.0 so make sure you are eligible to apply with a 2.8, which is the lowest minimum I've ever seen.

Kevin