NEW WSU accepted/interviewed Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorbob1312

WSUSOM 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start a thread to see how many people out there have been interviewed, awaiting interviews (want assistance), or have been accepted to Wright State SOM. I got mine about a month ago and am eager to hear how others are doing.:)

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview in September from WSU. I am currently on the waitlist with them. What did you just get, an interview or acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to start a thread to see how many people out there have been interviewed, awaiting interviews (want assistance), or have been accepted to Wright State SOM. I got mine about a month ago and am eager to hear how others are doing.:)

:) I am waiting to find out if i have gotten in, waitlisted, or not accepted. I find out this week or next week...im gonna die from lack of patience i swear!

docbob...are you going to WSU?

I received an interview in September from WSU. I am currently on the waitlist with them. What did you just get, an interview or acceptance?

when you got your status, did they change you online status on their website at all?:D

Yes i believe that I am going to Wright state...unless for some reason i hear from loyola and love it there (which i doubt) but otherwise that is where im heading...im hoping for you that you hear good news...how do you think the interview went???

the status did change online...it said something like a decision has been made and you will be receiving notice of it soon.

GOOD LUCK:)

Yes i believe that I am going to Wright state...unless for some reason i hear from loyola and love it there (which i doubt) but otherwise that is where im heading...im hoping for you that you hear good news...how do you think the interview went???

the status did change online...it said something like a decision has been made and you will be receiving notice of it soon.

GOOD LUCK:)

awesome...loyola is great too! oh, my interviews went great, i had a MSII student and the woman who was head of financial aid/3rd&4th year rotations. I thought it went awesome, then i sent them thank you notes...im nervous lol but thanx for the info!

do you remember who your MSII student was?...if you do get in would WSU be the place you would go?

do you remember who your MSII student was?...if you do get in would WSU be the place you would go?

oh my goodness, i loved WSU!! i would def go there if i had the chance. no, i don't remember HER name..it was a girl, she had long brown hair, skinny, very nice, and wore glasses. She was really nice. who interviewed you?

my two interviewers were Ellen Savinell MSII and Dr. Neider (Anatomy prof)...where are you from?

I received my acceptance on Jan 20 and confirmed by 1/30. I've started several threads here and there asking about WSU SOM....nice to meet you. I'm terribly excited to go...after the interview it was my top choice. Such a gorgeous facility.

Hey everyone! As of now, I'll be in Dayton next year. I wasn't really sure Wright State was where I wanted to go until I interviewed there. After the interview, I was completely sold.

Has anyone heard anything from the school since you've been accepted?

my two interviewers were Ellen Savinell MSII and Dr. Neider (Anatomy prof)...where are you from?

alright i remember the girl now, her name was Gabbi Horstman, MSII, and then Dr. Sloas. Gosh, i hope i find out soon, id be really excited to go there. i cant wait! IM from Dublin, OH, ....if you dont mind me asking, what did your applicatin look like going to apply for WSU??? if you dont mind me asking!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my acceptance on Jan 20 and confirmed by 1/30. I've started several threads here and there asking about WSU SOM....nice to meet you. I'm terribly excited to go...after the interview it was my top choice. Such a gorgeous facility.

hey if you dont mind me asking, what were your stats when applying to WSU SOM? :D

I got my acceptance September 19 and am really excited to start. I also wasn't sure about WSU when I interviewed there (I didn't really know much about them). But, after the interview, I was totally sold. For a med school with a charter class in the 1970's they are growing and expanding at an incredible rate.

Oh, in case I didn't make it completely clear, I have decided on WSU. Hope everyone else gets good news soon.

alright i remember the girl now, her name was Gabbi Horstman, MSII, and then Dr. Sloas. Gosh, i hope i find out soon, id be really excited to go there. i cant wait! IM from Dublin, OH, ....if you dont mind me asking, what did your applicatin look like going to apply for WSU??? if you dont mind me asking

first off, cool to see someone else from Ohio, I go to IU right now but im from dayton so im pretty close to campus...anyways i would say my application was standard grades wise, but i think i set myself apart with clinical and volunteer experience...i got a 29R on my MCAT and had a 3.59 GPA not sure on science, although i know it was lower because of a calculus class...i was lucky to have three years summer experience at miami valley hospital, which is probably the number one teaching hospital for WSU, out of the seven major ones...i also took a week long trip over spring break my junior year to the Dominican Republic to provide basic medical care...great time, and i am looking forward to doing something like that again at WSU...but other than that i didnt really have any leadership or anything like that...both of my interviewers commented on my essay (which was mainly about the DR trip)...if you wouldnt mind, tell me a little about yourself/app

also...i didnt hear anything initially from WSU after i got the big envelope...but i called the school and they gave me the password and login name for the welcome students website which has a bunch of info on stuff you need to turn into them, as well as deposit info...hope it helps

alright i remember the girl now, her name was Gabbi Horstman, MSII, and then Dr. Sloas. Gosh, i hope i find out soon, id be really excited to go there. i cant wait! IM from Dublin, OH, ....if you dont mind me asking, what did your applicatin look like going to apply for WSU??? if you dont mind me asking/app

I'm one more from Ohio, I'm from Worthington but i'm living in Dublin now.

I know this wasn't directed towards me but my app. looked pretty similar to doctorbob. I spent time in London working at the Tropical Diseases Hospital, wasn't really clinical, it was research, but it was definately something that they asked me about. Total GPA was 3.61, science was a little higher, MCAT was a 29, 10B 9P 10V, I don't even think I looked at the letter, ha. Working at OSUMC now in surgical oncology, but I can't wait to start school.

If the Blue Jackets were any good I'd say we should try and meet up with some other incoming students and go see a game, it's fun even if you don't like hockey. Unfortunately, they are abysmal.

also...i didnt hear anything initially from WSU after i got the big envelope...but i called the school and they gave me the password and login name for the welcome students website which has a bunch of info on stuff you need to turn into them, as well as deposit info...hope it helps

Wait, you called the office of admissions? I want that information.

:cool:thanks for your numbers , everone who responded to that. That is awesome. MIne are a little similar to docbob...but, well here it is. 270(10 PS, 10 BIO, 7 VR...i hate verbal), 3.84 gpa (science about a 3.7 b/c of calculus...lol), two summers of chem research, 2 week trip to Ukraine for service work, shadowing, leadership roles, etc....but, not much volunteer.

i dunno, i hate waiting, sounds like you guys all got yours around week 7...so, guess i have another few days to wait. Plus, my online status hasnt changed.

yay to anyone who is from DUBLIN! :) DOcbob, u gonna live at home?

no im not going to live at home, apart from the fact that it would still be like a 25 min commute, i really have no urge to move back in after four years at college haha

i broke down and called the admissions office at WSU...they said the committee met today and they will send out their letters tomorrow (FRIDAY), so i should get it saturday or monday...blah!

no problem, good that you called, now you know that it is only a few days away!!..hopefully you get it in the mail saturday...it would suck to have to wait to monday:)

i broke down and called the admissions office at WSU...they said the committee met today and they will send out their letters tomorrow (FRIDAY), so i should get it saturday or monday...blah!

Good luck...let us know ok, because it's exciting and nervewracking and we know how you feel.

hey i looked at the forum where people post what schools they have been accepted to...here are two others who have been accepted to WSU....maybe ask them to join!

hopefulM.D. (11/01, mail), mlh1211 (10/17, letter)

I think everyone else on that list is in this forum:)

hey i looked at the forum where people post what schools they have been accepted to...here are two others who have been accepted to WSU....maybe ask them to join!

hopefulM.D. (11/01, mail), mlh1211 (10/17, letter)

I think everyone else on that list is in this forum:)

Well you know they might not have chosen WSU just yet...you never know. Also, I did start an official class thread over in the Allopathic subforum for class threads. Maybe we should all turf....

Well you know they might not have chosen WSU just yet...you never know. Also, I did start an official class thread over in the Allopathic subforum for class threads. Maybe we should all turf....

where is that? what is a subforum, sorry im new to this thing:confused:

i was accepted in november and am 99% sure i am giving up my spot. hopefully it goes to one of you folks. good luck. :)

where is that? what is a subforum, sorry im new to this thing:confused:

It's a forum underneath the main forum heading...so it's located as a subforum of Allopathic. Weirdly, I just got an interview request from Cornell Weill....just as I had given up on the top tier entirely.....and it's making me want Dayton even more..ain't that odd?

It's a forum underneath the main forum heading...so it's located as a subforum of Allopathic. Weirdly, I just got an interview request from Cornell Weill....just as I had given up on the top tier entirely.....and it's making me want Dayton even more..ain't that odd?

is Cornell your first choice?

No, it's my mother's alma mater and first choice. I don't know. I feel like it's a courtesy invite and while I'm honored, I don't really know if I'd be a good fit there.:rolleyes:

so when is your interview? I have another one this thursday...but i just wanna know about WSU, i really liked it when i interviewed there.

so when is your interview? I have another one this thursday...but i just wanna know about WSU, i really liked it when i interviewed there.

it was for the 13th, but I've declined it. Life has just been too full of too many difficult decisions lately, and letting myself hang on wire with a top-tier school that I'm totally ambivalent about attending just isn't it the cards. I'm 28, Dayton is too appealing....I want to go get an awesome apartment and read some novels, not freak out about Cornell.:cool:

hey jj...have you heard yet???!!!

hey divine and docbob...i found out today....I WAS ACCEPTED!!! whoo hooo!! class 2011!!! im glad Divine that you want to go to WSU. I think i will prob go there. i have an interview tomorrow at WVU...but i loved wright state!! life IS too full of too many hard choices!!:D

hey divine and docbob...i found out today....I WAS ACCEPTED!!! whoo hooo!! class 2011!!! im glad Divine that you want to go to WSU. I think i will prob go there. i have an interview tomorrow at WVU...but i loved wright state!! life IS too full of too many hard choices!!:D

Word. And they just keep on gettin' harder....why did we sign up for this again?

Word. And they just keep on gettin' harder....why did we sign up for this again?

hey, so i went to the interview, but i have committed myself to Wright State. sweet, im excited. did they ever send you the packet of info and the website and stuff?

Congrats on the acceptance, welcome to the 2011 class.