You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm not sure that's true. I called in a to find out if I missed a phone call from them, because I was out of the country for 3 weeks and their reply was that there were no students on the wait list that they couldn't reach. To me it sounded as they would have made note of those they couldn't reach over the phone, and maybe find other means by which to contact them.Yes a friend of mine heard back today. He said they call you, and if you miss the call, they give away the seat to the next person in line in about 10 minutes, so be sure to hold onto your phone at all times.
I just got the email about the equipment list.
Are people planning to purchase as a group or should we purchase individually? The reason I ask is that I have a family member who could give me his old otoscope/bpc/etc., and then I was thinking about getting my own littmann cardiology IV. Not sure if the old equipment will be good enough for them or not
Are people planning to purchase as a group or should we purchase individually? The reason I ask is that I have a family member who could give me his old otoscope/bpc/etc., and then I was thinking about getting my own littmann cardiology IV. Not sure if the old equipment will be good enough for them or not
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, but I hope I am. It's my second time applying to med school, & in the time between application cycles, I got my Master's of Science in Physiology. I got 3 letters of recommendation from my professors and one DO LOR from a doctor I used to work with as a scribe. On the secondary, they're asking for a non-science LOR; have I ruined my chances because of their letter requirements?
Thanks,
Anna
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, but I hope I am. It's my second time applying to med school, & in the time between application cycles, I got my Master's of Science in Physiology. I got 3 letters of recommendation from my professors and one DO LOR from a doctor I used to work with as a scribe. On the secondary, they're asking for a non-science LOR; have I ruined my chances because of their letter requirements?
Thanks,
Anna
Hey all,
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, but I hope I am. It's my second time applying to med school, & in the time between application cycles, I got my Master's of Science in Physiology. I got 3 letters of recommendation from my professors and one DO LOR from a doctor I used to work with as a scribe. On the secondary, they're asking for a non-science LOR; have I ruined my chances because of their letter requirements?
Thanks,
Anna
Why do you think you didn't get in the first time? Low stats? Applied late? Just curious...
Hey all,
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, but I hope I am. It's my second time applying to med school, & in the time between application cycles, I got my Master's of Science in Physiology. I got 3 letters of recommendation from my professors and one DO LOR from a doctor I used to work with as a scribe. On the secondary, they're asking for a non-science LOR; have I ruined my chances because of their letter requirements?
Thanks,
Anna
Are you asking specifically about NYIT-COM?
If so, I'd ask the admissions office. I think generally they like to see one non-science LOR. This is pretty early on for this cycle so I think if they say you need one, chances are you should be able to get one now and submit it as an addition (double check with the office) and still be near the middle of the pack.
I sent my whole packet in pretty late (talking about october/early november) and still got interview in November. That said, NYIT admission felt like a lottery where when you submitted it didn't matter (up until a certain point ofc).
Good luck!
D
deleted731525
has anyone on the waitlist heard anything yet?
the wait is killing me!!
I have not heard anything but apparently there has been movement. When do classes begin?
I got a call yesterday morning asking if I still wanted to be considered (I was WL in Dec) I will be attending another school so I declined.Hope the spot goes to one of you!I have not heard anything but apparently there has been movement. When do classes begin?
D
deleted731525
I got a call yesterday morning asking if I still wanted to be considered (I was WL in Dec) I will be attending another school so I declined.Hope the spot goes to one of you!
Just to clarify, did they offer you a spot, or just ask if you wanted to remain on the wait list?
You're allowed 2 guestsDoes anyone know how many guests you are allowed to bring to the white coat ceremony?
I have not heard anything but apparently there has been movement. When do classes begin?
I was told over the phone classes begin August 8th, but the first day you go there as a student is August 5th for orientation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've recently seen someone who just got off the waitlist if that helps
Withdrew my acceptance, good luck to everyone still waiting!
I've been on their waitlist since January and yesterday I missed 2 calls from someone who works in their admissions. Maybe they're still pulling people off the waitlist? I called back and left a message, hopefully I'll hear back today. I'm not sure why else they would be calling me....
I've been on their waitlist since January and yesterday I missed 2 calls from someone who works in their admissions. Maybe they're still pulling people off the waitlist? I called back and left a message, hopefully I'll hear back today. I'm not sure why else they would be calling me....
did they leave you a message?
So, tomorrow is orientation. Therefore today is the last day to be taken off the waitlist.
c'est la vie
Actually tomorrow is the last day they'll take people lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a chance of some people not showing up to orientation, then they will start taking people off the waitlist.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 270
- Views
- 71K
- Replies
- 395
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 346
- Views
- 67K