New York Per Diem Pharmacist

Started by jc_wiser
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jc_wiser

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello my New York pharmacist fellow,

I am new to this forum but I tried to look up the question that I have

Question for those of you who has a full-time hospital job and per diem at other hospitals. Do you hire as an employee at another hospital or you form a professional practice and have the hospital pay to your PLLC/PC since per diem job doesn't offer any benefits,? Can some of you share their experience in this situation?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Hello my New York pharmacist fellow,

I am new to this forum but I tried to look up the question that I have

Question for those of you has a hospital job and per diem at other hospital. Do you hire as a employee at other hospital or you form a professional practice and has the hospital pay to your PLLC/PC since per diem job doesn't offer any benefits,? Can some of you share their experience in this situation?

Thanks

I don't think hospitals allow you to come on as a contractor or get paid you through your personal corporation. I'm a W2 employee at all my per diem jobs.

If they did, then I would definitely create some kind of Sparda Pharmacy Consulting Corp.
 
I don't think hospitals allow you to come on as a contractor or get paid you through your personal corporation. I'm a W2 employee at all my per diem jobs.

If they did, then I would definitely create some kind of Sparda Pharmacy Consulting Corp.
Do you know what is/are the reasons why they can't pay pharmacist as a PC? isn't a lot of doctors also form PC and affiliated with hospitals as well?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know what is/are the reasons why they can't pay pharmacist as a PC? isn't a lot of doctors also form PC and affiliated with hospitals as well?
it is probably to much work for them, they don't want to keep track of which employees are w2- which are 1098, each require different withholding, etc. For anyone other than a MD practice, it just isn't worth the extra hassle for the hospital.