New York State Compounding (Part iii) - please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmStudent245

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm planning on taking the NYS compounding exam in June 2017. For people who have taken it before, what's the best way to study for both Days 1 and 2? Someone recently told me about Dr. Cuties notes, if I purchase those would it be enough to prepare or should I look to other resources as well (such as Rxprep for day 1 stuff)? I'm planning to take a review class as well. Thanks in advance for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I'm planning on taking the NYS compounding exam in June 2017. For people who have taken it before, what's the best way to study for both Days 1 and 2? Someone recently told me about Dr. Cuties notes, if I purchase those would it be enough to prepare or should I look to other resources as well (such as Rxprep for day 1 stuff)? I'm planning to take a review class as well. Thanks in advance for any help!
I took a review weekend class at ACP and did fine.

I moved to NY from out of state. Cutie's notes were fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't you just reciprocate your license to NY from where you're original licensure is so you don't have to worry about taking an extra test? For example from MN.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Out of state, passed on the first attempt using Dr. Cuttie's reference with some experience working in a clean room during rotations. All I will say is you'd damn well better know the drugs & be able to do calculations in your sleep

I have a 2014 binder from UB's review class, but can't I just reciprocate my MN license if I go to NY?

I have a 2014 binder from UB's review class, but can't I just reciprocate my MN license if I go to NY?

Yes because you have #1 not failed the Part III exam, and #2 been licensed for one full year. For relatively new grads or people who have failed in the past, reciprocation is not an option.

Cuties notes are pretty much all you need. He's definitely been in the game for a while. I remember the pharmacist I first worked for approaching him one time and telling him "why are you guys making these kids do so much, it wasn't like this when we were in school". That pharmacist was like 60+ so he knows Cutie from his younger days.

I'm doing the compounding exam too and from what ive heard from everyone else as well as most ppl on here dr cuties notes and the course should be enough to get us through! Good luck!!! I'm dreading it!!!