New Zealand University Dilemma: Auckland or Otago???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denthopeful2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of threads here dealing with the same issue but they were made years and years ago- not to mention the fact that my situation is more than just "which uni should I pick?".......although it is sort of like that.

The thing is I have a scholarship to Auckland University. I want to go to Otago uni because I want to do Dentistry...but I wouldn't mind doing Optometry at AU either.

But because I have a schol to AU and I live in AU I can't decide what uni to go to...can you guys here give me advice?- I'd much rather ask here since your opinions won't be biased because you aren't my friends or family (who throw a fit everytime I mention Otago)

Help please? My results will be out in January and I need to book a flight to Otago if I go there.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really know......I mean, as long as I had a stable job I suppose but if I choose AU I want to get to a profession as close to Dent- (ahah, yeah I really want to study Dent since it's so hands-on and all)- as possible and Optom is the only one sort of like that.

The money thing is where I get stuck...........I don't really know because some days the parents are fine and then days like today, they just try to guilt trip me into staying in Auckland. I am sick of the back and forth thing to be honest........Oh, and also I'd feel so bad if I threw the schol away and didn't get into Dent.

=] Thanks. I'll be mulling over it for weeks.