Newark Beth Israel GPR thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lehrigen

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking to do GPR after graduation and I was just looking for your thoughts on the Newark Beth Israel GPR. I'm mainly looking for a well rounded experience with an emphasis on trauma and surgery. Call schedules and so forth are not as important for me. I'm ok with working like a dog for a year if it means I get a kick ass experience.

Out of the places I'm considering, Beth Israel is a non-match, so there's some pressure to make the decision right away, even before interviewing at some other schools. I was wondering how you think it compares to GPR in locations such as:

NYU Langone
Mt. Sinai
Rochester
Montefiore

Members don't see this ad.

I heard it is a good program. Either way most of the programs in New York City area are similar in what they allow you to do because the vast majority of patients are medicaid, so the treatments are dictated by that. The best thing you can do is call the program director or email them to get a little bit more information.