Newb Q: Do you get your MCAT Scores right after the exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uisa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To finally clarify this from the experts here, is your MCAT raw score given to you right after you finish the exam or like 3 weeks after? I was thinking the former but then new information have led me to believe other wise. What's the answer please?

PS. Sorry for the newb question... i know i know... no need to bash me.

Members don't see this ad.

To finally clarify this from the experts here, is your MCAT raw score given to you right after you finish the exam or like 3 weeks after? I was thinking the former but then new information have led me to believe other wise. What's the answer please?

PS. Sorry for the newb question... i know i know... no need to bash me.
:eek:

no you never get your raw. only your scaled...after 1 month

oh wow, then idk why that Kaplan proctor lady who came to advertise her class at my institution specifically told me that MCAT scores are given right after the exam has finished.

And this was after I reiterated her statement and asked her if she was sure...

oh wow, then idk why that Kaplan proctor lady who came to advertise her class at my institution specifically told me that MCAT scores are given right after the exam has finished.

Ok! It's time for her to be:

icon_slap.gif

Members don't see this ad :)

Since she was advertising her class, maybe she was talking about the diagnostic test they give in the class?

If not, then I'm guessing she just works as a receptionist (and not a mcat teacher) at a kaplan center and is confusing the MCAT with another test that Kaplan does prep classes for like the LSAT or something.

In my opinion, this is what AAMC needs to change next.

The test is pre-scaled. As soon as we hit END, the computer knows what we got, minus the writing score. No one cares about the writing score unless it's atrocious, so let us know ASAP if we need to retake instead of making us wait a month for no reason.

End.

In my opinion, this is what AAMC needs to change next.

The test is pre-scaled. As soon as we hit END, the computer knows what we got, minus the writing score. No one cares about the writing score unless it's atrocious, so let us know ASAP if we need to retake instead of making us wait a month for no reason.

End.

Yes, it's pre-scaled, but I'm sure they do a bit of work to make sure those predetermined scales are good. Also, with the experimentals, that would complicate things. I'm sure they could do it in less than 30 days, but I think waiting is better for the validity of our scores. If you look at the 7/17 thread, there was apparently a question that someone challenged since there was no correct answer. AAMC said that they investigated it and made sure that it did not negatively affect anyone. This kind of thing wouldn't happen if you got them automatically.

Since she was advertising her class, maybe she was talking about the diagnostic test they give in the class?

Correct

If not, then I'm guessing she just works as a receptionist (and not a mcat teacher) at a kaplan center and is confusing the MCAT with another test that Kaplan does prep classes for like the LSAT or something.

The confusion came from the OP's misunderstanding of the advertisement

Correct

The confusion came from the OP's misunderstanding of the advertisement

Are you sure it was my misunderstanding and not her misunderstanding of how the real MCAT works? Remember, I specifically reiterated what she said about the REAL MCAT not the Kaplan fake.