(newbie) ECFMG Certification Statement (Form 183)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prozaque

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, and please excuse my posting such a silly question.

I am currently trying to apply online for Step 1 and I ran into an annoying issue. It seems that, after I complete the online form, I also have to submit some papers via snail mail, and I quote "(...) my Certification Statement (Form 183),(...) the ECFMG Medical Education Credentials Submission Form (Form 344); Medical School Release Request (Form 345); a letter from my medical school that confirms I graduated, have met the requirements to receive my medical diploma and states the date my medical diploma will be issued; and a color photograph."

All fine and well, but I cannot make the online payment just yet. It should take about a week for me to make it happen. Moreover, I want to meet the Nov. 30th deadline which means, in turn, that the papers shoud be received by ECFMG by then. I have all the documents above, except for that Certification Statement (Form 183). As far as I managed to understand, this form becomes available only after I complete the online application (i.e. make the payment). I really want to mail those blasted documents today, or tommorow - before I can make the payment, anyway - so as to be sure the Post Office delivers them in time.

Is there anything I can do? What is that Form 183? Is it safe for me to mail all the other documents without the Form 183?

Allow me to thank you in advance for your kind answers.

PS: Yeah, I know, I can solve this using a courier service, but I surely coud do without the extra charges.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to suck it up and pay the cash and fully register. Then, you have to print the form out, send it to your school (preferably by overnight mail), get them to endorse it, and then call them non-stop until they send it in - especially since you are under such a time crunch. Also, you will need a picture of yourself for the form.

Do this ASAP.

-Skip

prozaque said:
Hello everyone, and please excuse my posting such a silly question.

I am currently trying to apply online for Step 1 and I ran into an annoying issue. It seems that, after I complete the online form, I also have to submit some papers via snail mail, and I quote "(...) my Certification Statement (Form 183),(...) the ECFMG Medical Education Credentials Submission Form (Form 344); Medical School Release Request (Form 345); a letter from my medical school that confirms I graduated, have met the requirements to receive my medical diploma and states the date my medical diploma will be issued; and a color photograph."

All fine and well, but I cannot make the online payment just yet. It should take about a week for me to make it happen. Moreover, I want to meet the Nov. 30th deadline which means, in turn, that the papers shoud be received by ECFMG by then. I have all the documents above, except for that Certification Statement (Form 183). As far as I managed to understand, this form becomes available only after I complete the online application (i.e. make the payment). I really want to mail those blasted documents today, or tommorow - before I can make the payment, anyway - so as to be sure the Post Office delivers them in time.

Is there anything I can do? What is that Form 183? Is it safe for me to mail all the other documents without the Form 183?

Allow me to thank you in advance for your kind answers.

PS: Yeah, I know, I can solve this using a courier service, but I surely coud do without the extra charges.

hey,
The form 183 can be notarized also instead of Dean's signature provided you have your degree certificate. Meaning unless it is one year within your graduation u dont need Dean's signature. Get notarized and send the documents immediately to ECFMG>
Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I paid the 75 dollar fee for registering online with ECFMG. How can I get form 183 E? Do I have to register and pay for Step 1 to get the form ? Please let me know. Thanks!