Newbie Pre Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GentleMedicus

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone

Just introducing myself! I start Pre-Med in a week, and plan on doing either PA or MD. If I do MD, I have a huge interest in Science and Hematapathology.

I love science!

Also, I am almost 30 (yikes) I have a Paramedic license, but haven't touched school since 2005. I guess I am "Non traditional" as I know I will be with a lot of 18 and 19 year old kiddos in Pre Med and even Med School!

I have two amazing cats and a wonderful husband.

This semester my Pre Med covers:
Medical Law & Ethics
Medical Terminology
A & P
A & P Lab
Biology
Biology Lab
Math Lab

Going to be busy at 16 hours!

I look forward to getting to know everyone.!
 
From one medic non-trad to another, welcome. You've got a huge semester lined up it seems. Good luck and stay on track!
 
Hi newb! *Waves*

I'd like to recommend some members you should consider talking to as they are highly knowledgeable about their profession and specialty.

EmedPA: A paramedic turned emergency medicine PA currently working on his doctorate in global health.

LizzyM: A medical school administrator with useful advice for applying to medical school.

Andrew Dean: A graduate of Portland, Oregon's exclusive Reed College and a practicing eye physician and surgeon in California.

If you need any help networking with the right people on this site, give me a holler. Good luck and be sure to enjoy your journey.


Poetic Silence