• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

lighty

Apr 3, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hello

I am just trying to learn more about pre-vet. I really love animals, and I'm at a crossroads in my life currently. Any information for someone who is clueless and wants to learn about pre-vet is welcome! :D

LetItSnow

Skipping the light fandango
10+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2011
Plymouth, MN, USA
animaltracks.wordpress.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
Hello

I am just trying to learn more about pre-vet. I really love animals, and I'm at a crossroads in my life currently. Any information for someone who is clueless and wants to learn about pre-vet is welcome! :D

Welcome. I think you need to throw out some specific questions. Since the subject was pre-reqs, presumably that's one of them. The best thing for you to do is talk to some of the vet schools and gather information directly from them and/or their websites about pre-reqs.

Is there anything specific you'd like to know? :)

Fly Racing

5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
Any specific questions??

Go to the VMCAS website. It will answer about every question about applying to vet school.

Then check out the "sticky" posts at the top of the page like "do's and dont's of applying..."

Then check out the "successful applicants of 2016" thread on the first page.

About the Ads

TigerWillow

UC Davis Class of 2016!!!
Apr 14, 2011
Davis
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Remember, there have been many before you that had the same questions. If you use the search function you'd get plenty of awesome info!

As far as prereqs go, each school is different. You can go on aavmc to see them under each school!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.