This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choti06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I don't know where to begin in applying for dental school?? I am taking 3 summer classes and also studying for the DATS. I am not sure if I should fill out the ADSAAS until after I finish my summer classes since my GPA will change....Any suggestions on where to begin?

Thx

Members don't see this ad.

choti06 said:
Hey Guys

I don't know where to begin in applying for dental school?? I am taking 3 summer classes and also studying for the DATS. I am not sure if I should fill out the ADSAAS until after I finish my summer classes since my GPA will change....Any suggestions on where to begin?

Thx

DO NOT WAIT!

the early you get the aadsas application out the better your chances. it's a ROLLING ADMISSIONS.

plus it will take AADSAS about 1-2 months to get your application out to the dental schools. by then you can send the dental schools an update letter with your new and improved grades.

right now: start filling out the aadsas application, study for the DAT, get letter of rec.

good luck!

howui3 said:
DO NOT WAIT!

the early you get the aadsas application out the better your chances. it's a ROLLING ADMISSIONS.

plus it will take AADSAS about 1-2 months to get your application out to the dental schools. by then you can send the dental schools an update letter with your new and improved grades.

right now: start filling out the aadsas application, study for the DAT, get letter of rec.

good luck!

I agree!

Members don't see this ad :)
man... I have the same problem!

i'm taking 3 classes (genetics.orgoII.psych) in the summer.... one of the admission counselor told me to apply AFTER coz my gpa is pretty low....even if it isn't going to make a huge difference... the admission people still do look at the 'upward trend' and it looks great to see that you scored A's on hard science classes-especially if your taking 3 classes.

so....yea..i was confused and debating like crazy at first.....but i think i'm just gonna apply early August(i know it's kinda late)...but i'm hoping my DAT scores on JUNE 3rd would boost up my application up a bit.

good luck!

Thx for the quick reply...It's just that my GPA is low that after this summer it will be at a good number that will look good for applications. I am also planning to take the DATS in Aug or September. So should I just fill out the ADSSAS application but leave out my GPA and DATS or wait until first week of Aug when everything is in.

choti06 said:
Hey Guys

Thx

That's a heavy load for summer. But if you are going to apply anyway, earlier the better. Gluck!