Newish attending: Ask me anything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pretty early. I'm really intolerant of nights- probably should have picked a different field for that reason alone.
It's funny because I used to hate nights in residency but now actually grown on me. Less psycho nurses, less general noise, less admin trolling about. Actually thinking of becoming nocturnist to trade for shift reduction / more flexibility.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty early. I'm really intolerant of nights- probably should have picked a different field for that reason alone.

I'm feeling a little burned out too and I'm just about to graduate residency. I'm hoping that it's better once I'm on my own. I don't like presenting to certain attendings anymore especially since I moonlight a decent amount on the side.
 
I can't sleep during the day, so it's not really a preference thing. I really need a job with a predictable schedule. YMMV, and I think this is a me (and Birdstrike) problem.
 
I'm feeling a little burned out too and I'm just about to graduate residency. I'm hoping that it's better once I'm on my own. I don't like presenting to certain attendings anymore especially since I moonlight a decent amount on the side.
I think that's pretty normal. I felt the same way.
 
I'm feeling a little burned out too and I'm just about to graduate residency. I'm hoping that it's better once I'm on my own. I don't like presenting to certain attendings anymore especially since I moonlight a decent amount on the side.

Normal. I had a similar experience. However, whether moonlighting or not, people commonly find that they learn more about their own practice style and pattern in the 1-2 years following residency than they do while actually in residency. Gave me more insight as to the many roads to Dublin in getting **** done in the ED safely, and why.