next round interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgirl09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
congrats to everyone with acceptances. :)Definitely a great day for you all!

But on another note, anyone know when they might start sending out more interview invites? I applied pretty late, and have been rejected by Case. I just got a rejection letter from ASDOH yesterday, and am on continuing review at BUF. Anyone have any news on when I should expect to hear... something, anything at all?! Most schools have been pretty quiet.:(

Members don't see this ad.

I really have no basis for this, but now that Dec 1st is here, I would guess that schools would start sending out more interview invites again. They probably just really slow down on the invites in the couple weeks leading up to Dec 1st because of trying to decide on who to accept.

just my .02

i applied initially in early june and added a few more schools in mid-september. i got an invite from one of those schools (midwestern) on thanksgiving day. go figure.

Members don't see this ad :)
that info came from predents correct?

do we have any idea of how that 22% (which does not comfort me at all) compares to the general population that do not use predents?

Total Enrollment 4302
Total Respondents Aug-May 1221

looks like predents represents about 28% of the population interviewing...so is it safe to assume that this 28% is a indicator that 22% of post dec 1 interviews (of total population) get accepted?

This process is rediculous, I'm getting restless. Can anyone who was NOT accepted Dec 1st speak regarding "second wave" of interviews.

hmm... yes. I submitted sept 14th. Stuff was sent around Oct 3rd. Complete end of october at most schools.... a few a week later. Should I forget about this cycle?? I called Indiana because they sent me a letter about something I didnt get... they said I would get an interview as long as my fall grades were good enough. I wonder what "good enough" means. Interview pending there I guess... but from other schools I really have not heard a peep besides that my file is complete and "under review".My own fault for applying late.. but I didn't decide to apply this cycle until after I took my DAT Aug 18th.

.....great.. and my aadsas just updated to app denied for marquette.

As I've heard some schools wait until they get responses/deposits back from the newly accepted students since they realize that applicants apply to more than one school and that an applicant can only study at ONE school. IF some of the seats are not filled, they start the second or so wave of interview invites.
So, just keep up your hope and I wish you'll hear great news from d-schools.

that info came from predents correct?

do we have any idea of how that 22% (which does not comfort me at all) compares to the general population that do not use predents?
Total Enrollment 4302
Total Respondents Aug-May 1221
looks like predents represents about 28% of the population interviewing...so is it safe to assume that this 28% is a indicator that 22% of post dec 1 interviews (of total population) get accepted?

For first question check line 3 of the post.
Since predents is not a random sample of the population of enrollees, it is a bit difficult to make predictions for the general population.

hmm... yes. I submitted sept 14th. Stuff was sent around Oct 3rd. Complete end of october at most schools.... a few a week later. Should I forget about this cycle?? I called Indiana because they sent me a letter about something I didnt get... they said I would get an interview as long as my fall grades were good enough. I wonder what "good enough" means. Interview pending there I guess... but from other schools I really have not heard a peep besides that my file is complete and "under review".My own fault for applying late.. but I didn't decide to apply this cycle until after I took my DAT Aug 18th.

Don't worry about it, my applications got sent out sept 22 and I got an interview with Case, just sit tight for a couple of weeks and I'm sure you'll hear something. The majority of schools are just waiting to see how many people will accept their Dec 1st offers, then I'm sure once they have some numbers the 2nd round of interviews will come.

They will probably want to see the Fall updates too. At least that is what I am hoping for as they will see my masters grades.

.....great.. and my aadsas just updated to app denied for marquette.

at least yours says something. mine's been blank since the day i sent them my application. it's like they don't even know i'm alive.:mad:

at least yours says something. mine's been blank since the day i sent them my application. it's like they don't even know i'm alive.:mad:

haha no news is better than a rejection. hope your news is better than mine when you get it!

Yep cell and molecular bio at Tulane

PM if you want details so we don't derail the thread

Yep cell and molecular bio at Tulane

PM if you want details so we don't derail the thread

haha i don't mind. It was just me whining to fellow SDNers anyhow. :p Gotta let of a little nervous steam!!

Hey Guys,

I'm in the same boat as everyone else on this thread. I think my application was more late than anyone of you. I submitted my application in mid-August, took my DAT the day before Halloween ('08) and most schools did not complete my application until Mid November.

So far, I got 2 interviews (Nova and Indianna) and its all schedule for next year.
Good Luck and Hang in there.

Jake8 i don't really know how to PM you I am new at this game. But I do have a few questions about SMP an how they work, especially the work load and how hard it is to do well in them.. Either way let me know how to chat with you about it. thank