SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Next time things seem too tough, reflect.......

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by Pharmcdc, May 13, 2008.

1. Pharmcdc

Pharmcdc Troches & lollipops 7+ Year Member

Aug 18, 2005
    San Antonio, Tx
    I know most of you have seen this, or something like it a hundred times. If you have, please just keep your mean comments to yourself. I am still moved everytime I see or hear a tribute. Maybe its because I served for 8 years, or maybe its because I realize how truly blessed we all are. We complain about how hard school is, how some patient or coworker made us mad. We complain about not getting into pharmacy school and feel like the world is going to end. Well, every case we are still lucky. We are afforded opportunity. Opportunity is something that some people in this world only dream of and never get. Opportunity is something that we often take for granted, and pass over because we can.

Well here is an opportunity to say a prayer for a loved one, or a friend who is serving. Maybe just reflect on your life and that the fortunate life that we all live is because of the blood, sweat and tears of others. Some of you will criticize me because this post is too long, or has been done too many times, or maybe Im just having a emotional moment, but to the one person that feels the same way I do........enjoy.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Falokis

Falokis Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Auburn, AL
    I have many friends over there at the moment. I'm hoping the Navy pays for my last 3 years of school. If so, I plan on asking to go over there and do what I can as a pharmacist.
  4. firefighter9015

firefighter9015 It's not THAT kind of study hour... 2+ Year Member

Mar 10, 2007
    One of my good firefighter friends got killed over there last week. I have the upmost respect for them and what they are doing.
  5. tellsarah

tellsarah 2+ Year Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Thank you.

-Army Wife-
  6. SpirivaSunrise

SpirivaSunrise Go Gators! Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

My "Support Our Troops" ribbon magnet disappeared off my car last week. It had been on there for 5 years. Funny how you used to see them everywhere. I'll have to find another one!