Next Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monijah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am already thinking about next year if I don't get in anywhere. My question is do you have to do all that amcas stuff again? and get letters of rec or do they just keep all the old stuff and you just update file where necessary.

Members don't see this ad.

monijah said:
Hi everyone, I am already thinking about next year if I don't get in anywhere. My question is do you have to do all that amcas stuff again? and get letters of rec or do they just keep all the old stuff and you just update file where necessary.

You have to resubmit your AMCAS, but it is pre-populated with last year's answers. I recommend tweaking/editing your Personal Statement, if not doing a complete rewrite. Insofar as your secondaries, some schools require all new letters, whereas some will use old ones with an additional new/updated LOR. The secondaries themselves sometimes change from year to year, and will most likely have to be done again. Of course the ADCOMs are going to want another check from you as well. ;)

And you should reapply early, so go ahead and send your new app tomorrow, for goodness sake!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with previous posters. In addition, it will help if you can do some things to strengthen your application before you reapply. Some schools require this. For example, before reapplying, you can take additional courses, improve your MCAT score, complete a graduate degree, get additional volunteer experience, strengthen your letters of recommendation, or complete a research project.

Talk to your premed advisor about ways to improve yourself. You might also want to contact the schools who interviewed you and politely ask them for feedback.

Here are a couple links on reapplying.

http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/aa021603a.htm

http://www.NontraditionalMedicalStudent.com/medsec.html

Ahhh, that sucks, keep the faith it aint over till it's over! ;)

Or have you been officially rejected to all schools you applied, just wondering what are you going to do to improve your chances next year? Any plans, advice for future applicants.

There could be enough movement on the waitlists to get you in if your waitlisted! If you've made any good contacts during interviews now would be the time to really express interest!

Keep the faith, but just to be practical, plan to get things in early next year and start preparations now.