NHL

Started by cdo96
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They're taking a page out of the Cowboys play-off book.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
They did in the 90s, I think. But, yeah, not so much in recent history.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a huge hockey fan! (Go Bruins!) But I haven't been able to watch any off the playoffs this year due to my crazy final semester of undergrad 🙁 that and the basic cable package at my apartment sucks lol
 
BF grew up playing hockey, even went to junior olympics. He tries his hardest to teach me about it, but I just don't understand it. Like Kata though, we (mostly him) are loyal coyotes fans.
 
I mean, were you really putting all of your eggs in the Maple Leaves basket?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
LOL no. Canucks and Flames are my two teams. The Leafs are a massive joke here haha. Or maybe everywhere??

Anyway, any of you guys hear about the massive fight between Vancouver and Calgary a few seasons ago? Every player on the ice was fighting within 3 seconds of the game starting


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
LOL no. Canucks and Flames are my two teams. The Leafs are a massive joke here haha. Or maybe everywhere??

Anyway, any of you guys hear about the massive fight between Vancouver and Calgary a few seasons ago? Every player on the ice was fighting within 3 seconds of the game starting


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Hahah good! And yeah, Leaves are a joke everywhere. And yeah! My brother told me about that game. That's just rough. What even happened after that? Did everyone get 5 minutes for fighting?


Anyone else super excited for the World Cup of Hockey??


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Pittsburgh born and raised (well 40 min outside) means Pens fan all the way! Vs the caps was a great series; can't wait for more playoff hockey.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyway, any of you guys hear about the massive fight between Vancouver and Calgary a few seasons ago? Every player on the ice was fighting within 3 seconds of the game starting

There were a few notable line brawls between those two teams that season. For that one (IIRC in a January game) Tortorella (coach) got involved after the period too, IIRC he got suspended. Lots of game misconduct and major penalties handed out too. I was a USA Hockey referee during that season (in northern California) and we had a big round-table discussion about it at one of our seminars cause it was a really interesting thing to discuss from a reffing standpoint.
 
Hockey is my lifelong favorite sport and I've been a Penguins fan since probably before I was born (born in Pittsburgh, raised with three older brothers also born there). Needless to say, these playoffs have been pretty phenomenal for me so far. I'm happy to see so many other Pens fans on here!

ETA: @WildZoo when you start at UTK come down to the clinics and find me so we can talk about hockey. There aren't enough fans here in Tennessee (although the Preds are helping).
 
I'm coming to UTK in July too and would love to have some people to watch hockey with!
 
Please not the sharks. I live outside the bay area and these people are the worst bandwagon fans I've seen in my entire life.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad