Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
I'm a Pre-Med student looking at possible ways to finance medical school. I have a service background and the concept of the NHSC really appeals to me, as does primary care-type medicine. I know that just recently a dual residency in Family Medicine/Emergency Medicine (5yrs) has been approved. At this point, I think I'm most interested in this residency. This question may be difficult to answer, but do you think its possible the NHSC will incorporate this residency into it's "accepted" residencies? It seems that EM/FM would be very useful in an underserved area. Or maybe I shouldn't hold my breath.
On that note, if I do wait, do your chances for getting an NHSC scholarship go down if you're a 2nd year med student applying?
Thanks for any advice.
-Ryan
I'm a Pre-Med student looking at possible ways to finance medical school. I have a service background and the concept of the NHSC really appeals to me, as does primary care-type medicine. I know that just recently a dual residency in Family Medicine/Emergency Medicine (5yrs) has been approved. At this point, I think I'm most interested in this residency. This question may be difficult to answer, but do you think its possible the NHSC will incorporate this residency into it's "accepted" residencies? It seems that EM/FM would be very useful in an underserved area. Or maybe I shouldn't hold my breath.
On that note, if I do wait, do your chances for getting an NHSC scholarship go down if you're a 2nd year med student applying?
Thanks for any advice.
-Ryan