NHSC Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madeit

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there is already an NHSC Application thread, but with Interview invitiations having arrived today I felt it would be helpful to have a new thread started regarding those.

It would be incredibly helpful if anyone was aware of the statistics for the number of applicants that are asked to interview and if any past students that interviewed could let the rest of us know what to expect on interview day, how long it last, what kind of questions are asked, etc.

I haven't been able to find any threads regarding the actual interview process and would appreciate input. Thanks!!

BTW I'll be interviewing May 4th in Los Angeles.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all those interviewing. I got my interview invitation yesterday and will be interviewing in Los Angeles on May 5th!!! :luck:

the link to the website i was trying to use to schedule an interview wasn't working for me.....doesn't anyone have a link that will work??

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who got an interview...I will be interviewing in Chicago on May 18th

Congrats to everyone who received an interview...can you believe my Fed-Ex was a day late...but what a releif....anybody interviewing in Boston on June 7th. Also I found it easier to call them and they would schedule the interview for you and confirm with an email.
For those who have earlier interviews, please write about your experiences with the interview process.

thank you,
:)

At least you got the Fed Ex package. The NHSC had to call me to sign up for an interview because they wondered you I had not scheduled my interview. The LA site is closed so I'm headed to San Francisco on June 10.

Any other SDNers interviewing in Chicago May 17-21?

lwestfall said:
Any other SDNers interviewing in Chicago May 17-21?
i am!! i'm interviewing on may 20.....i have a final the day before, and graduation 2 days later, so i have to drive back home to chicago then head back to grand rapids!! :rolleyes: oh well, i know it will be worth it!! hey girls, whats a good outfit to wear? i have my suit from my interviews, but those were all in the winter....i want to look cute, but not too exposed ;) what do you recommend?

I am interviewing on May 5th in Raleigh. Yea, what is everyone wearing to the interview. I was planning on wearing my suit but it is wool and 80 degrees out :(

you have to look professional, so i'm wearing a suit.

Congrats to all that have interviews but can someone who has been down this road let us know what to expect from the interview??

Thanks!

I interviewed in New Orleans yesterday, and if you look at the list of last year's questions, you should be pretty prepared. You can find it in one of the other NHSC forums.

What are the interview questions?

there's another thread from last year with all the questions, try a search.

i had my interview today! i think it went really well :D
by the way, does anyone know when we find out if we get it? i heard july or something, but i'm not sure.... :rolleyes:

NHSC begins notification in AUG through SEPT. Some say that recipients are notified first, then alternates, finally those not selected.