NHSC Scholarship Program 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey if you pm me I will e-mail you the number I have to the travel agency.

Members don't see this ad.

Did any of you make the conference call? I didn't get out of class in time.

Any good info that wasn't in the slides? I still can't access my BCRS account and was wondering if they addressed that.

made the conference call this morning at 10 am. It was... ok. Kind of unorganized because you have about 100+ gung-ho participants with 100 different questions, and none of them could really relate to your question. Haha.

And then there were the background noises - it was kind of irritating especially when people didn't mute their phone.

In my personal opinion, the ppt they sent w/ the email this morning wasn't enough information. HOWEVER, you should really really read your welcome package kit (if you haven't done so) because that's where the majority of the answers were found.

Has anyone been able to email their specific gold, blue, orange team? Everytime I emailed [email protected], gmail couldn't send it. domain issue?

I need an electronic version of the welcome kit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of you make the conference call? I didn't get out of class in time.

Any good info that wasn't in the slides? I still can't access my BCRS account and was wondering if they addressed that.

they said in the conference call they expect to have everyone entered into the portal by tomorrow.

It was a descent call. Given the number of people, I expected a little chaos. I'm sure between the welcome kit and conference all questions will be answered.

Plus, i was excited to hear that as scholars, we can stay on after our service and do loan repayment for additional debt we have :)

Thanks for the info on the conference call. My afternoon class had a guest speaker who went all the way to 5 pm. The powerpoint seemed really informative too. And I finally got my conference stuff set so I'll be in NO for sure (I had some registration problems like a few others). Nice to know we can stay on for loan repayment, I'm taking out additional loans for living expenses.

Yay! I am all set for the conference.. feels good. I can't wait to go on vaycay. This has been a long first half of the semester! Is everyone going to wear business casual to the conference? It is shopping time, anything to keep me away from GU/RENAL.
Hope everyone is doing well! :)
PS no one has talked about the difficulty in getting their school to invoice the NHSC. I finally found a helpful link that I sent my programs administrator, if anyone wants it let me know.
Love, PAGIRRRRRRRLLLL

I'm in my third year on the scholarship, and I haunt this forum for info sometimes. There was no powerpoint my year, and it sounds pretty informative. Any chance somebody can post a link to it here? I'd really appreciate it (my color-coded team rarely answers emails, and I gave up on calling people for answers to questions years ago). Thanks!

picaresque - if you want to PM me your email, I can forward you the email.

Has anyone gotten their welcome packet?? I'm still missing mine.

Any news about Hotel reservation??? I requested to be in a single room, how likely would they grant me this wish??

Oh we don't all get our own rooms? I thought that's why we had to put down our credit card information.

Any news about Hotel reservation??? I requested to be in a single room, how likely would they grant me this wish??

I got a confirmation for my flight, and I also requested a single room. I doubt they'll double people up.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone in NOLA!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has everyone received their welcome package? I haven't yet.

Has anyone received their funds/stipends yet? I know they said by November 1st, but I thought that they were trying to get them out earlier...

Has anyone received their funds/stipends yet? I know they said by November 1st, but I thought that they were trying to get them out earlier...

So, I logged onto the BRCS site, and it looks like they started processing payments yesterday, Oct. 20. Hope they go through soon! They seem to be "on it" this year!

I looked in my BCRS account and it had a payment date of 10/20 as well, for July, August, September and October (so not for November) plus the ORC. My bank doesn't have it as a pending transaction but they're often several days behind on electronic stuff. I'm curious about how they came to the figure for the ORC, it isn't the total I calculated for books, supplies, fees but it doesn't really matter. It sure does make my hot Saturday night of studying anatomy seem worthwhile. If anyone going to New Orleans has hints about memorizing anatomy, find me, I'll be the one studying the flashcards about the thorax and abdomen!

I'm not too clear on the student with EFN or being disadvantaged. Does such status have to be certified by financial aid office at your health profession school (dental/medical) or can it also be done by the financial aid office at your undergrad? Anyone care to shed some light?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Did anyone recieve a form to fill out for repayment of NO trip ?

Did anyone recieve a form to fill out for repayment of NO trip ?

Register to the fb page above...they have discussed this!!! From now on, let's take our questions to this group on fb!!! At least 94 of us have already registered!!!

Just curious.....

did everyone who received the scholarship have an overwhelming amount of volunteer experience?

Bump. Any general advice for applicants?