NHSC scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental1234555

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need help understanding the NHSC scholarship, when to apply,the contract terms and do they pay for the whole tuition or only 50k per year also do they pay for work or only the 50k per year, and do we get to decide where to work or is it random. I am super confused and would appreciate some information.

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know or have an idea of when the cycle will open up for 2023? Has it already opened?

Does anyone know when we’d start to hear anything?
Based on the previous year there was a credit check that was done around end of June and then the first round of recipients received a finalist email on August 8th.

Based on the previous year there was a credit check that was done around end of June and then the first round of recipients received a finalist email on August 8th.
How do we get notified about the credit check?

How do we get notified about the credit check?
You will only see it if you have an account on any of the credit report companies. For example experian or credit karma. Even though, some people last year didn't see a credit run in their reports and they still end it up getting the scholarship. So it depends on the credit report company if it will alert you about it.

You will only see it if you have an account on any of the credit report companies. For example experian or credit karma. Even though, some people last year didn't see a credit run in their reports and they still end it up getting the scholarship. So it depends on the credit report company if it will alert you about it.
Okay, thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything about the scholarship or the credit checks? Last year around this time in June they were checking credit scores for the applicants and I was wondering if anyone has had their credit checked?

Has anyone heard anything about the scholarship or the credit checks? Last year around this time in June they were checking credit scores for the applicants and I was wondering if anyone has had their credit checked?

Wondering this too, I haven’t seen anything yet

Hello everyone, any new updates on the application status?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
I just got the finalist email today!! 😄🙏

• Love
Reactions: 1 users