NHSC- school probation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HuskersForTD

Unmc
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a small question for the NHSC community. Last semester, due to personal reason during final, I did not pass one of my exam and received an F for the course. I recently remediated the exam, passed the class and still on track to graduate. however, due to strict policy at my university, If I was received an F, it would automatically placed me in probation for the semester. As a result, I am currently on probation. I talked to the Dean to take it off/shorten the length of probation so I can still receive the scholarship but they can't go against the policy. She told me that I met every requirements for my school/clinic hours with good GPA and not delayed by any means to graduate, and she is willing to write a confirmation letter, explaining the situation for that as she thinks I am good standing with the school.

Will I lose my scholarship for this semester based on the fact that I am in "probation" for this semester? Is it difficult to get it back as well?

Thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Did repeating the exam delay graduation? And if I’m reading this correctly, being on probation doesn’t change your date of graduation either, correct?

Did repeating the exam delay graduation? And if I’m reading this correctly, being on probation doesn’t change your date of graduation either, correct?
It will not change my date of graduation. I am on track with clinic hours and classes with no repeating course work. It was just one exam, and it was P/F. I remediated and got a pass grade.

Members don't see this ad :)
It will not change my date of graduation. I am on track with clinic hours and classes with no repeating course work. It was just one exam, and it was P/F. I remediated and got a pass grade.

I doubt that you'll lose your scholarship. I don't think that the NHSC even cares if you're on probation, as long as you successfully graduate on time, to be honest. Your grades don't get reported to the NHSC, just any administrative action that delays your date of graduation.

I doubt that you'll lose your scholarship. I don't think that the NHSC even cares if you're on probation, as long as you successfully graduate on time, to be honest. Your grades don't get reported to the NHSC, just any administrative action that delays your date of graduation.

I read up on the manual where they stated that if you fail to maintain good academic standing (ie on academic probation), funding can be delayed or stopped and on the spring evf that I have to submit, where they have *on probation, I have to submit a letter confirmation and my explanation for the probation period.

If the school confirm I am still technically on time for graduation with no delays, do you think a school confirmation letter and my explanation essay for the probation will be enough to still receive funding as I am in probation till May?

Thank you so much for your help.

I read up on the manual where they stated that if you fail to maintain good academic standing (ie on academic probation), funding can be delayed or stopped and on the spring evf that I have to submit, where they have *on probation, I have to submit a letter confirmation and my explanation for the probation period.

If the school confirm I am still technically on time for graduation with no delays, do you think a school confirmation letter and my explanation essay for the probation will be enough to still receive funding as I am in probation till May?

Thank you so much for your help.

I think it should be fine. Someone else who may have also been through this can chime in, hopefully, but I think it should be all right.

Good luck. 🤞

Reactions: 1 users
Was there any follow up on this? I am in the same situation now and would like to confirm that everything worked out

I did not go through this myself during my scholarship. But, it will work out. They want you to graduate and do “your time.” It will work out. Good luck!

Just an FYI, I got put on academic probation in February of 2023, and am not going to be taken off of it until the end of this month (May 2023), and my scholarship support was suspended for the semester. I am still uncertain as to whether they will backtrack and pay at least my tuition (28k per semester) for this suspended semester.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Just an FYI, I got put on academic probation in February of 2023, and am not going to be taken off of it until the end of this month (May 2023), and my scholarship support was suspended for the semester. I am still uncertain as to whether they will backtrack and pay at least my tuition (28k per semester) for this suspended semester.
Just ask them.