Nhsc??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PACtoDOC

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on NHSC get their "additional expenses" check this month? I was told it would come out this month, but my 1st of October check did not have it included.

Members don't see this ad.

Either did mine. It had hopefully come Nov. 1st because I am running completely out of money.

Mine came in all at once, but I am a first ear scholar, if that makes a difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much money do you get for "fees" and "books" etc...? Is it based on actual costs or do you get a check based on expected costs? In other words, can you buy "used books" and pocket the extra money?

Also, what if you get scholarship in addition to the NHSC scholarship? Do you get to keep the extra or does that just give the NHSC a break on how much they have to pay the school?

The fees and books are based on a list your school submits to the NHSC. It includes all required books and fees. So yes you can pocket the extra money from buying online and used books. I'm not sure about the extra scxholarship money, if it is small, like $500 from a local medical society can help out even something larger like a couple thousand. But I don't know if there are specific rules on this.

premedmijo said:
The fees and books are based on a list your school submits to the NHSC. It includes all required books and fees. So yes you can pocket the extra money from buying online and used books. I'm not sure about the extra scxholarship money, if it is small, like $500 from a local medical society can help out even something larger like a couple thousand. But I don't know if there are specific rules on this.
Thanks Premedmijo. Does anyone know what is done with "extra" scholarship? Do you get to pocket it or does the NHSC just give you that much less towards your tuition?