NICU interventions-help!

Started by Lisochka
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lisochka

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am doing a NICU rotation. I am supposed to do interventions. I have no idea what interventions to do....
Are there any websites I can look at, or may be you guys can give me an idea?
Besides kinetics and dosing adjustments for growth, what else is out there?
 
I am doing a NICU rotation. I am supposed to do interventions. I have no idea what interventions to do....
Are there any websites I can look at, or may be you guys can give me an idea?
Besides kinetics and dosing adjustments for growth, what else is out there?

Depends on your hospital. When I did my NICU rotation, it was mainly kinetics, growth, and anemia (epo protocol for AOP). Is there a TPN component? Immunizations. We monitored to make sure they were getting their recommended vaccines if the LOS was long. We also monitored cultures to make sure abx were d/c'd or changed if appropriate.

Hope this helps.
 
What about withdrawal babies? The NICU I worked at had a lot and I always checked dosages and scale.

I agree with Farmer you should actively seek out TPNs to do. 😉