Night before & Interview ATTIRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TY06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

What do you suggest for men (and women) for attire at the night before event (at bar or restaurant)? Obviously for the interview I have to wear a tie and suit.

Thanks,

Steve

Members don't see this ad.

I was going with collared shirt and slacks...plus my lucky boxers

I was going w/ polo shirt or button up shirt. Are a nice pair of jeans too casual? My wife also want to know what to wear. Any suggestions for her?

Members don't see this ad :)
So far, I've noticed that a good "uniform" for females is nice jeans and a black top. Dress it up a bit with heels or boots, dress it down with flops... you get the idea. Plus, black doesn't show spills or sweat! :laugh:

So far, I've noticed that a good "uniform" for females is nice jeans and a black top. Dress it up a bit with heels or boots, dress it down with flops... you get the idea. Plus, black doesn't show spills or sweat! :laugh:

hey sharkfan,
where did you see the nice jeans at the night before activity. were the jeans dark washed? are you a female or male?

At the one that I went to there were females with nice, dark jeans. I decided to be safe and go with a skirt and some boots. I didn't feel over or underdressed. I think it probably depends on the program and the venue, but I'd rather be on the safe side without jeans.

I'm female. The two places I've been are Jacksonville and U South Alabama... and dark wash jeans were perfect. One was at someone's house, the other was at a wine bar. As far as any nicer/swankier venues go: I guess some people might feel uncomfortable, but I'm a jeans kinda girl and feel right at home at all but the most formal places with a nice purse, cute shoes, and my 7's!!

I'm hoping jeans are okay, esp if the event is held at one of the resident's homes or just at a bar. I mean i do enjoy dressing up, but i am much more comfortable and myself in jeans, esp. if im standing at a bar where most other people will be in nice jeans! Anyways, I go to my first one this week... will post about what people are generally wearing!

I'm hoping jeans are okay, esp if the event is held at one of the resident's homes or just at a bar. I mean i do enjoy dressing up, but i am much more comfortable and myself in jeans, esp. if im standing at a bar where most other people will be in nice jeans! Anyways, I go to my first one this week... will post about what people are generally wearing!
i agree i might wear NICE jeans to a residents house. I might also wear a nice pair of khaki's. Let us know how it went!

i've worn charcoal slacks and a button down blouse or a sweater to my night before dinners. at emory, the dinner was at someone's house, and a few applicants wore jeans and sneakers, but all the residents were way dressier. jacksonville and alabama were also at someone's house and most of the applicants were dressed nicely while the residents wore everything from slacks to jeans to scrubs. at greenville, we went to a wine bar, and everyone was dressed really nicely. i think as long as you dress for the venue, you're good.

I've gone to two university program events in the Southwest and wore nice dark jeans and a sweater with nice boots to both and was, dare I say, appropriate if not over dressed, but comfortable. Residents and attendings wore anything from shorts to jeans and tshirts to scrubs.
I think with my southeast and midwest interviews, I'll probably wear a pair of wide legged chocolate brown wool slacks, as I imagine it'll be cooler and probably a little less casual.

from what i saw this week, nice jeans with a sweater are definitely appropriate for dinner at a resident's house