1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Nightmares!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by tayloreve, Aug 9, 2011.

1. tayloreve

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    This is when I know I have been on SDN too much, when I start having NIGHTMARES about the DAT..

Yes you heard me.

Anyway, I had a dream I scheduled my DAT next week and didn't show up to take it because I wasn't ready and didn't re-schedule in time so they gave me a 0. Then I was talking to people and they told me I was screwed because they don't let people into dental schools who make a 0 on the DAT, even if you retake it. LOL.

So this made me think, what does happen if you don't reschedule and don't take your DAT on the date you signed up for? Lose your $320? Slap on the wrist? Not that I'll ever do that, just curious :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Haha, you need to see a shrink.

I believe you lose the $320 with no further consequence.

Have you started studying yet?

4. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Actually, come to think of it... I had a similar dream a few months ago that I showed up late to my test appointment and was screwed with applying on time.

5. Dusk

Dusk Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    this freaking dat is not good for our health.

I had a dream I was taking my dat and my markers didn't work.. So I had to use Umbridge's quill and use my blood. Uh..... yeah:rolleyes:

6. invictusx

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    In actuality, I was late to my test appointment because of a snowstorm that struck that day.

7. invictusx

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I was sick because I was studying so much during the coldest months.

The misfortunes I encounter.

8. JustwantDDS

JustwantDDS DrAMG
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    ok hows this one for weird dreams, about a week ago after going through destroyer, i woke up every 1-2 hours.........and had a chem problem on my mind and i wouldnt go back to sleep until i solved it. this was all in wishy washy sleepiness so i would just lie there thinking about my "problem" come up with an answer, then sleep, wake up again........different problem...........omg it was horrible

9. indigenoustw

indigenoustw Am I picking my nose or showing my shaka?
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's funny. I think the lowest score you can get is 1 lolz.

I checked dat users manual, there are on average 3 people who got a score of 1 across all sections in 2009. So no worries tayloreve, your dream won't come true. At least not a zero on the test.

10. mh0000

I wonder if these people scoring 1's are just hired by these test prep companies to report back on the content of the test, and are only randomly guessing just to get through the exam. I've had a state of semi-consciousness where I would be reviewing a concept in my head while dreaming in which I would convince myself that my understanding of the concept was wrong, and the "right" reason for the concept was something completely absurd. When I awoke, I had to take a second to realize the reality.

11. Dusk

Dusk Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Make sure you have your totem with you

12. JustwantDDS

JustwantDDS DrAMG
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

13. mh0000

lol. So... you're telling me the loaded burr on my high-speed drill is supposed to eventually stop???

14. newbie1990

Pre-Dental
    Haha I feel your pain... Last week I kept pushing the snooze button on my iPhone alarm... Because in my dream every time my alarm clock would go off a new DAT question would supposedly pop up on my screen. The only way of "submitting" my answers was to press the snooze alarm... I did this for 45 minutes. Horrible indeed.*

15. AlbinoPolarBear

7+ Year Member

haha, weird dreams! i had one of these too...

Around a week after writing my DAT, I had a dream that I got called up from a representative from the ADA, telling me that my DAT score was voided. They said that the testing centre that I wrote it at was not valid because they didn't go through the proper identification procedures. I was freaking out because I wouldn't think I can score this highly again (especially for RC).

I had a small window to write the DAT, and after that, I wouldn't be able to dedicate the time to write it until next year, therefore missing out on this year's cycle.

After waking up, I looked for my unofficial scoresheet to make sure I scored that high, and also my phone to see the call logs lol. So happy it was just a dream lol. I don't wanna study for the DAT again...

16. toothhornet88

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Haha wow me too!! I had a dream that I came to the testing center a week before to check it out and they gave me a paper version of the DAT to do and said "Go" and I started franticky doing it only to realize that my DAT should be on computer so I told them and there was a confusion and the lady didn't want to let me take it when I was initially scheduled to take it! When I woke up I was so freaked out!!!

17. tayloreve

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hahahah wow! This is hilarious.... I'm glad I'm not the only one who has nightmares like this! lmao. I need to go hiatus on SDN.

18. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Sleepwalking huh lol?

19. fellforit

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I had a dream the other night that I showed up 40 minutes late to take my DAT in the basement of my college's main library (I don't know what that was about). A bunch of obnoxious frat boys showed up a few minutes into my test and were throwing a frisbee around and chugging beer and generally being loud. I asked the woman in charge of the test if I could move and she said no. When I got my scores they handed me a check for $25 saying I was part of a pilot program where they gave you a dollar for every point of your RC score. I was thrilled, because hey, 25 RC! But then I looked at my score sheet and I'd gotten a FOUR on bio and TS 13. Which I guess with a four on bio would actually be pretty damn good, but Dream Me was not impressed.

My DAT is next Monday. I kind of hope I keep having insane, depressing dreams about it so that my actual test experience and score seem delightful in comparison.

Glad I'm not the only crazy person!

20. titaniumdioxid

hey guy, you have a mountain in your shoulder

21. tayloreve

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hahahahahahaha....i know the night before I take my DAT, i'm going to have to sedate myself...

22. rccostner

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I had a dream about a week before my DAT that I forgot to come back from the 15 minute break for like 2 hours. A friend of mine from high school showed up and wanted to take me for a ride in his new car, so I left and forgot to come back. When I finally came back they just handed me a score sheet that had an 18 for every section. I freaked out because it was my third time taking the DAT and I scored an 18 the first time. Good thing it was a dream.