NIH Academy acceptance worth an update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Purple squid

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello ,

I was recently accepted in the NIH Academy program( the NIH's flagship program on health disparities) and was wondering if it is significant enough to update schools on?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You are able to contact programs about every 2 months... The NIH Academy, an abstract presentation or acceptance, a manuscript acceptance, and other things are reasonable excuses for this brief communication with ALL the programs that haven't rejected you. I suggest to make it brief with no more than 2-3 paragraphs. Indicate the reason for update, and then indicate your interest for that particular program including, perhaps the PhD that you intend to pursue and names of 4-8 faculty that you are interested in working with. Keep it short for greatest impact. For manuscripts & abstracts include the names of the submission with your name in bold and underlined, the title, and the journal or annual meeting/conference.

Reactions: 3 users
You are able to contact programs about every 2 months... The NIH Academy, an abstract presentation or acceptance, a manuscript acceptance, and other things are reasonable excuses for this brief communication with ALL the programs that haven't rejected you. I suggest to make it brief with no more than 2-3 paragraphs. Indicate the reason for update, and then indicate your interest for that particular program including, perhaps the PhD that you intend to pursue and names of 4-8 faculty that you are interested in working with. Keep it short for greatest impact. For manuscripts & abstracts include the names of the submission with your name in bold and underlined, the title, and the journal or annual meeting/conference.
Will do. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)

Also, should I include the acceptance letter as proof?