NIH Clinical electives?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdphd2b

Hepato-phile
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently an MS3, and I'm looking into away rotation options for my 4th year. I'm interested in the NIH Clinical Electives program for Medical Genetics and/or Pediatric Oncology electives. Has anyone taken these or other electives at the NIH?

Please share your experiences with the NIH Clinical Electives program. How hard is it to get accepted? How far in advance should I think of applying? (they are accepting applications "continuously", even now for 2007-2008 electives). Should I aim for doing the elective in early MS4 (ie, before Dean's letters are sent out) or later in the spring (when my schedule will be less tight)? Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanx :)

Members don't see this ad.

Soooo...it's been awhile....I'm still thinking of doing an NIH Pediatric elective in spring of MS4. Probably Ped Consult Services, Oncology, or Medical Genetics.

Has anyone done an NIH elective recently? How hard are they to get into? Any updates on how worthwhile these electives are?

Anyone????

So I know this is a historic post but I'll be grateful if you can tell me what happened!
did you go there??