NIH Postbac for Psychology?

Started by KSW01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KSW01

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I've been through a lot of posts in the forum and have gathered a useful amount of information regarding the NIH IRTA program. However, most of the applicants seem to have been majoring in the more intricate sciences such as biology and chemistry.

I was wondering if anyone here successfully applied as a psychology major? and if so, could you provide some background on yourself (university, gpa, minors, research experience).

I'm graduating with a 3.7 GPA in psychology. I've been pretty bad when it comes to biology and chemistry, 2 C's and 2 B's. But that was before i had any interest in research, do you think i have a shot at getting a postbac at the NIH?

Any help is appreciated!
 
You want to go do research at the NIH and are bad in biology and chemistry..... seems like a poor combo

You won't get in - not because you are a psych major, but cos your grades in the two most applicable area aren't exactly stellar